1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ive had a clean under the hood

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by imported_billybravo, May 31, 2006.

1. imported_billybravo

imported_billybravo Guest

[May 31, 2006]
    this is what it looked like before

[​IMG]

and this is what happend a few hours later with the sand paper and a lot of rubbing

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Im happy with the way it's turned out im going to spend some more time on it at weekend /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

im also looking at getting rid of the ugly intake box and buying a carbon intake from Dp motorsport

[​IMG]

link
    http://www.dpmotorsport.net/parts/simota/audi.htm
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 2, 2014]

3. Soupie69uk

Soupie69uk Owner

[May 31, 2006]
    Looks better, will be interested to see how that intake turns out.
  4. imported_billybravo

[May 31, 2006]
    yeah ive seen a lot of ppl using the CDA carbon boxes but im told there not a propper fit think somthing needs to be modded not to sure.
  5. Soupie69uk

Soupie69uk Owner

[May 31, 2006]
    Yeah that looks to have some pipe work to make it fit though.
  6. imported_VaulterTim

imported_VaulterTim Guest

[May 31, 2006]
    That kit looks cool /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif ... all the bits you need are there anyway.

The BMC CDA's that are listed for the A4 don't fit out of the box because there is no lip on one end (the end that's supposed to attach to the MAF housing) to actually attach it to... and the housing fouls on the surface of the box hence the need for a raised lip or flange, which that one has... it actually has a flange at either end and pipes provided to clamp onto them so it will be a good fit by the looks of it.

Let us know how it goes in if you get one... shame they don't offer them in 3 or 3.5" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

T
  7. imported_billybravo

[Jun 1, 2006]
    i will do i hope to get the kit at the end of june its not bad for £115 my Mates use DP alot so i thought i would give them a try
  8. docurley

docurley Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Jun 1, 2006]
    Like the work and the intake looks good too.
  9. silver75

silver75 Big Ron

[Jun 1, 2006]
    I guess I'm the only one who saw the title of this thread and thought..."er...too much information" !? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bang.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
  10. imported_billybravo

[Jun 1, 2006]
    /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/soap.gif
  11. Beerzo

Beerzo Masa'warty 3200... Talk To Me!

[Jun 2, 2006]
    What happens to the amplifier thing that normaly sits on top of the standard air box?
  12. imported_billybravo

[Jun 2, 2006]
    ive been thinking about that ive seen a lot of ppl mount them on a plate on the inside of the wing these are ment to be kept cool thats why there mounted in the airbox

thats what im told someone jump in if im wrong?
  13. Beerzo

Beerzo Masa'warty 3200... Talk To Me!

[Jun 2, 2006]
    Yeah they need to be kept cold i was told, if they burn out you can knacker a coil pack. Plus if it burns out its supposedly a couple o hundred quid for a new one.
  14. imported_billybravo

[Jun 2, 2006]
    well i will be mounting it somewhere cool /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
  15. imported_VaulterTim

[Jun 2, 2006]
    Yes those ignition modules are not cheap at all... and without them the car simply will not start, forget burning out coilpacks! I better move mine somewhere colder now the hot weather is (sort of) upon us! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
  16. jcb

jcb Active Member VCDS Map User

[Jun 5, 2006]
    just pull the wiring and ign. module back towards the strut and zip tie it to the pipes there, keeps it in airflow and plenty of cooling
  17. imported_VaulterTim

[Jun 5, 2006]
    Just kidding jcb... it's sort of there at the moment... I have a poxy cone filter fitted for now and the ignition module is zip-tied in place just under the upper half of the intake pipe (which I left in place to feed the cone... works fine but I always become very aware of exactly how hot it gets under the hood every time I lift it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif