I've read lots of posts on this and it really was annoying me as I had to turn the key and wait for the light to go out before i could start it. It was starting to take 15 turns so i got fed up and had a look! A lot of people said that it was down to there not being a long enough wire between the reader and the immobiliser unit. There was enough wire on mine even with the steering wheel fully extended. I couldn't change the wire as I didn't have access to the reader on the ignition barrel becuase it was too hard to get all of the trim off! I noticed that the connector to the immobiliser had a lot of play in it, so I just wrapped insulation tape around the unit to hold the connector plug fully in. Hey presto! The problem hasn't come back since I did this and that was a week ago. Fingers crossed!!