1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I've done it

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by Z82, Aug 11, 2008.

1. Z82

Z82 Member

Been putting it off for a couple months now but Im never going to get my new car unless I sell this one first... well the GF tells me Im not allowed a 4th car so its gotta go :(

Love it, will be sorry to see it go but all going well it will be replaced with an S4 or a 1.8TqS (keep changing my mind back and forth)

Anyhoo its in classifieds :(
  2. mac1403

mac1403 Member

Good luck with sale. Hope she sells quick for you.
  3. Z82

Z82 Member

If it sells half as quick as yours I'll be delighted... or not :(
  4. hiltoa

hiltoa VAG erfahren

Fingers crossed yours sells quicker than mine! :(
  5. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!" Staff Member Moderator

if you want it shifted quickly then jam it on ebay, ok you wont get the highest price, but the few cars ive sold on there have been reasonably close to what they're worth and compared with spending weeks advertising it for sale etc was much less hassle, We sold our 2001 fiesta on there in december after we baught the A4 and got 1300 for it, the book price was 1500-1600, dad sold his old mazda xedos on there for 550 and book price for that is about 6-700

I dont think you'll get muhc more than about a grand for it on ebay though, its certainly not work 2500, much later 2.8's arent even making that much.

I've been watching the price of early 2.6 quattros myself as a base for a track project and ive seen them sell as low as 600quid, with 8-900ish being about average.
  6. Z82

Z82 Member

Im scared of ebay lol
  7. mac1403

mac1403 Member

Ebay is where I sold mine. But like Araorn said I think you will have to be a bit more foregiving on the price. I can see the car is nice but the age and mileage will put a lot of people off. I was lucky with mine as it was average mileage and in mint condition. Its the little things that sell the car, like, new tyres, long MOT/tax, full ASH etc. The guy that bought mine bought an Audi Tech with him and he could only find one thing wrong with the car. The rear diff seal was damp. How much does it say yours is worth on the second hand guide? Most people will look at that and make adjustments for your mods and condition
  8. Z82

Z82 Member

Not checked any guides for price, I have been looking at Autotrader & Pistonheads for a while to get an idea.
    Mine is pretty much mint and mechanically sound and about 10k below average mileage.

I had a local guy interested in it at the price Im asking but he couldn't raise the cash, hes still tryting but Im not holding my breath.
  9. mac1403

mac1403 Member

It will sell mate. It just all comes down to waiting for the right person and having a bit of luck at the same time. It's just getting people to come and look at it, thats than half the battle. You should put it on ebay though, only cost £11 and the amount of coverage it will get is huge. You will get **** loads of people watching it and hopefully one or two coming to have a look.
  10. Z82

Z82 Member

Just dont like ebay at all, its bad enough being advertised on Autotrade with the scam mails Im getting
  11. mac1403

mac1403 Member

I never had any scam emails whilst on Ebay. I had a few idiots emailing with stupid requests like 'will you swap for a bike' duh!! Also had about 30 people watching it obviously with no intention of buying. Lets face it, Auto-trader is a totally different animal. For a start you are posting your Tel No leaving yourself open for calls from anyone. Ebay has nothing apart from contact information (even this does not show your email address) Even if you get stupid requests just ignore them or block them. You can decided who you think is a serious buyer and only reply to them. Anyway, good luck
  12. Z82

Z82 Member

Aye I suppose, maybe I should just take the bull by the horns and get on the ebay wagon.

BTW my phone number isnt public on Autotrader they do Telesafe included in the price