1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I've been converted

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by dan1973, Oct 20, 2009.

1. dan1973

dan1973 OCD clean

Well for the last 4 years ive been a great lover of volvo t5's but the time came where i was getting tired of seeing the bloody fuel station. So i pondered for weeks about what to get and i decided on an audi tdi or golf and after a while i was offered an a3 from a friend of the family for a song and i took it. Well i just love it to bit's the fuel economy is great and it is nippy. I wont ever be going back to a volvo i am afraid. It needs a few little job's doing but it's getting there. Over the last two weekends Ive fully corrected the paint work and overhauled the suspension bushes. A little more to do then i will get some pictures up for you.
  2. TDIQ

TDIQ 8L > 8P > 8V

I wouldn't have minded a diesel A3. I just need to get mine on the road properly first though.

Any plans for it? A remap would make it even nippier ;)
  3. dan1973

dan1973 OCD clean

Thats in the pipeline as we speak i am going to get a custom remap from awesome gti as they are close to me and ive used them before. It has coilovers on it and 18's. I plan to put a leather interiour in it too
  4. Essflee

Essflee Active Member

Welcome aboard, I always liked the Volvo T5's, the 'R' version floated my boat, but hey it's a Volvo, wouldn't of suited my image...lol :)
  5. dan1973

dan1973 OCD clean

Ha ha i no what your saying mate. They are a very underestimated car thats for sure just the running cost's. My last one was an r
  6. Dani_B19

Dani_B19 Audi-sports own special child.

Your old enough to pull it off arnt you leggy :)
  7. Essflee

Essflee Active Member

Haha, thanks mate...

That is actually a dodgy statement you just posted there, I had to re-read it, lol

I'm 29 by the way, not 69...lol
  8. dan1973

dan1973 OCD clean

LMAO think i am going to enjoy it on here
  9. Essflee

Essflee Active Member

My dad always had Volvo's so I've quite a respect for them, and that was when they were boring, until the T5 was launched...
  10. dan1973

dan1973 OCD clean

A superb engine the 20v 5 cylinder engine the r is 250 bhp standard mine was running 300 great fun i admit but i just love my a3 tdi. No where near the performance of the volvo but the fuel economy is great lol