I've been busy - chin spoiler and led's.......

Richardesty

loves quattro
Reaction score
I've been busy by fitting a chin spoiler and led's.......

Here's some photos - I'll let you work out which is which :uhm:

Splitters.jpg

LEDLAMPS.jpg

ledoff.jpg

Why have you got LED side lights pointing at your foglights? ;) I'd recognise a Leon Cupra R splitter anywhere...

I'd like one of those splitters was it easy to put on? Looks good :icon_thumright: But i want zenons now they look class :search:

Yep - after three months I finally got round to replacing my PIAA 'Superwhite' single filament DRL bulbs with some leds (fitted with load resistors).....

Here's a 'during' shot - the PIAA's are on the right [headbang]

Mix.jpg

And then the finished article - again shown here with my 'always on' led strips:

Mix2.jpg

So now I've fitted the PIAA's to the reverse lamps - one installed here on the left:
Mixback.jpg

So difficult to shoot - but the PIAA's look so much whiter in the flesh

Did you get splitter from SEAT dealer? And how much?

£21.60 inc vat.......and it comes in a bag with an Audi badge on (as well as VW and SEAT!).

Part number 1ML 805 903

Cos that's where I've located my side lights............and they're led! :keule:

Lol, fair enough.... I can just imagine the conversation with plod when you get pulled for driving around with your fog lights, I mean side lights on ;)

Lol, fair enough.... I can just imagine the conversation with plod when you get pulled for driving around with your fog lights, I mean side lights on ;)

:angrymod: It's not a problem - cos If that's the case I'll just turn on the front fog lights (as they've still got the standard bulb in too) to prove they're side lights :drag:

:angrymod: It's not a problem - cos If that's the case I'll just turn on the front fog lights (as they've still got the standard bulb in too) to prove they're side lights :drag:
Its not as easy as that, there is some law/legislation about side lights and driving lights, plus running lights

something like
Driving lights must be located in between the main beam headlights and only come on with full beam (also called spot lights)
Running lights, are basically always on sidelights.
Sidelights are as the name suggests and must be on the same horizontal line as the headlamps or something.
and finally fogs, below the headlamp line with a low beam pattern.

something like that anyway.

Its not as easy as that, there is some law/legislation about side lights and driving lights, plus running lights

You're absolutely right - the Road Vehicle Lighting Regulations 1989 (and subsequent updates) is the law

They're here http://www.opsi.gov.uk/si/si1989/Uksi_19891796_en_1.htm

As I haven't read them word for word I go on the premise that several cars now have 'low level side lights' - including that mini, and one of Fords people carrier thingys, the fog lights are in the original position although double up with the side lights - again like the Ford thing.

As for the led running lights......we'll have to wait and see.:ermm:

Richardesty ,

Where did you get them LED's and how easy are they to fit? I want some!

Steve

Depends which ones......

The one's in the Headlamps are like these:

CAR-LED006_b.jpg

and were a git to fit.

And the one's lower down are like this:
LNL-057_B_LED_lighting.JPG

and were relatively easy to fit. They just cut to length and stick in place with 3M tape - but you do need to install a 12v regulator so the alternator doesn't blow them!

Both are available from Ebay:icon_thumright:

:think: Funny enough - I've already updated them!

The original one's didn't 'fill' the horizontal bar............so I've fitted these which do:

DSCF3555.jpg

You may also note that there are more led's which are closer spaced than the original ones.

Here's the one's that are fitted, all apart from three of the leds - as you can cut them to length.
http://www.ultraleds.co.uk/water-proof-strip-cool-white-p-1037.html

Sorry for questions but where did you get the chrome trim from? And how hard is the splitter too attach? I'm picking my 2.0T fsi s line SE up at the end of the week and im already looking for small subtle mods to be done. Nice touches them.

Sorry for questions but where did you get the chrome trim from? And how hard is the splitter too attach? I'm picking my 2.0T fsi s line SE up at the end of the week and im already looking for small subtle mods to be done. Nice touches them.

No worries Gaz - pleased to hear of another fan of subtle touches!

The chrome trim came from my local auto accessory shop - most do them, including Halfords. It comes in a roll and you just trim it to length, peel the backing off and stick it in place :thumbsup: Here's an ebay number of something similar, although wider (mine is 3mm and therefore subtle, but I think you could use 5mm), in case you wanna search on there: 220312968689

As for the Cupra Splitter - you just have to trim off some 'fitting lugs' (which click into a seat bumper), line it up, and fix in place from underneath with some self tapping screws :o.k:

Hope this helps

Rich

Thanks gonna get myself some on order...

What have you connected them up to?

How long did it take you to fit?

I connected them to a fuse in the engine bay which is only live when the ignition is on, as I wanted them 'always on'.

I could have easily added them to the daytime running light circuit if I wanted, but then they would turn off at night.

As for time - about an hour all in......:icon_thumright:

£21.60 inc vat.......and it comes in a bag with an Audi badge on (as well as VW and SEAT!).

Part number 1ML 805 903

This might sound silly......

Do you have to get the Leon splitter from SEAT, or can you get it from any VAG dealer (Audi, VW, Skoda)??

This might sound silly......

Do you have to get the Leon splitter from SEAT, or can you get it from any VAG dealer (Audi, VW, Skoda)??

It must be worth asking the question of a dealer - they'll all come from the same distribution place!

I bought mine from Seat.....and it came in Audi / VW / Seat packaging :rolleyes:

Just ordered one of these splitters to stick on my A4. Lately I have been looking at the front of my car thinking it looks like it is missing something. I think this will do the job nicely!

Cheers for the info.

Rich.

Just ordered one of these splitters to stick on my A4. Lately I have been looking at the front of my car thinking it looks like it is missing something. I think this will do the job nicely!

Cheers for the info.

Rich.

Yup - the LCR splitter does the job nicely - here's some info on my re-fit (first one got ripped off by road debris), including mounting points, etc:

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=317256

Cheers for the info guys.I'll get some pics up when its on (probably the weekend).