It's ordered!!!

sunscreemer

Back with the 4 rings
Reaction score
Thanks to all for their support here - said it was "D-day" today and i've placed my order!!!

Delivery to be 1st week in September at my request.

S3 Sportback S-tronic in Monsoon grey
Advanced key
Technology Pack + Mobile prep. high
Magnetic ride
Parking system plus with park assist
Reversing camera
B&O sound system
Driver assistance package
3d black inlays
Interior lighting package
LED headlights
Auto dimming/folding door mirrors
Auto dimming rear view mirror & light and rain pack
Electric lumbar support
Panoramic glass sunroof
Privacy glass
Hill hold assist
Non-smoking pack

Reactions: nickatkinson, Brasso, Sandra and 5 others
Congratulations. Looks like a decent spec :)

Reactions: sunscreemer
Ohhh long wait, I remember mine! October-March seemed like a lifetime :D The more I see monsoon the more I like it ;)

As for Hill hold assist...not wanting to question your choice of the option, but what does it do over the standard setup?
I recently went to the lakes (day after collecting the S3) and whilst there I was on a steep hill at some red lights, in gear, foot on brake waiting for them to change, out of interest I took my foot off the brake...nothing happened for a few seconds and then I felt the brakes disengage and started to roll back....Straight away I thought so why do people go for the hill hold assist!?!

Also the electric handbrake (if applied when you stop) stays on until you pull off...so is it just a case of HHA does the same as the electronic hand brake but without the need to manually engage it?

Thanks guys - delay to September is my choice so the wait isn't going to be an issue. to be honest with HHA i'm not 100% sure, it was one of those marmite things when i was asking and to be fair since you don't have to have it switched on it's not an issue. Had it been a few hundred £ i'd have thought differently! My partner has a Daytona grey A1, great colour but i wanted something different and the monsoon grey just being that bit lighter really goes well with the chrome and aluminium accents IMO.

Ohhh long wait, I remember mine! October-March seemed like a lifetime :D The more I see monsoon the more I like it ;)

As for Hill hold assist...not wanting to question your choice of the option, but what does it do over the standard setup?
I recently went to the lakes (day after collecting the S3) and whilst there I was on a steep hill at some red lights, in gear, foot on brake waiting for them to change, out of interest I took my foot off the brake...nothing happened for a few seconds and then I felt the brakes disengage and started to roll back....Straight away I thought so why do people go for the hill hold assist!?!

Also the electric handbrake (if applied when you stop) stays on until you pull off...so is it just a case of HHA does the same as the electronic hand brake but without the need to manually engage it?

According to brochure:-
Hold assist. Holds the vehicle stationary for unlimited periods after stopping and prevents the vehicle rolling
on hills and on gradients. The system is activated by push-button and allows the driver to drive away easily and
comfortably without having to operate the electromechanical parking brake.

Nice spec sunscreemer!!

I love this forum:-
Just to clarify for any new members:
There is always the confusion between Hill Hold which is a standard item on all A3s and Hold Assist which is the £90 option. Audi have not helped by using similar name although the Glossary on the Audi UK website now refers to Hill Start Assist rather than Hill Hold. Hill Start Assist is the one that just stops the car from running backwards on a hill when you take your foot off the brake and put it on the the throttle. Hold Assist holds the car still whenever you stop, on the flat or on a hill just as though you still had your foot on the brake pedal. It comes with a switch next to the EPB to switch it on or off.

Glad to see you made the correct choice sunscreemer...........:kissmyrings:

Glad to see you made the correct choice sunscreemer...........:kissmyrings:

Appreciate the help. Don't get me wrong, I love my BMW but going back to Audi kind of feels like coming back home!

Reactions: Pulp84
Another Monsoon Grey, looks good to me! :beerchug:

I love this forum:-
Just to clarify for any new members:
There is always the confusion between Hill Hold which is a standard item on all A3s and Hold Assist which is the £90 option. Audi have not helped by using similar name although the Glossary on the Audi UK website now refers to Hill Start Assist rather than Hill Hold. Hill Start Assist is the one that just stops the car from running backwards on a hill when you take your foot off the brake and put it on the the throttle. Hold Assist holds the car still whenever you stop, on the flat or on a hill just as though you still had your foot on the brake pedal. It comes with a switch next to the EPB to switch it on or off.
OK cheers for that...so basically it's for bad drivers that can't control the car manualy :p :undwech:

Reactions: 0B1001001
OK cheers for that...so basically it's for bad drivers that can't control the car manualy :p :undwech:

Yeah, maybe! But at least it can be left off - for such a (comparatively) cheap option i figured it'd be better to go with it than wish i'd not been so tight!

@sunscreemer nice spec on your car. Time will soon fly in and we will get to enjoy your collection and of course the pics. :) x

Reactions: Pulp84 and sunscreemer
Nice....enjoy the wait and see how quickly you can watch every single piece of S3 video on the Internet...

No ROOF RAILS....?...LOL, glad you chose the Audi path...peeps get divorced quicker, than you did choosing a car lol.

Nice....enjoy the wait and see how quickly you can watch every single piece of S3 video on the Internet...

Ha ha already watched most of it I think. I feel like the whole BMW vs Audi thing was never that close really. In my heart I knew a return to Audi was on the cards.

Reactions: batch and Jassyo06
No ROOF RAILS....?...LOL, glad you chose the Audi path...peeps get divorced quicker, than you did choosing a car lol.

Ha ha - had to get the ducks lined up mate! I've had to do a lot of work to get this deal. Would've deffo had the roof rails had I not treated myself to the Pano roof ;-)

Sounds great, I'm glad you didn't say Sepang

Ha ha - had to get the ducks lined up mate! I've had to do a lot of work to get this deal. Would've deffo had the roof rails had I not treated myself to the Pano roof ;-)

Panoroof is a must have mate,but the "hill thing"..lol

^^ Exactly that for £90 it's worth having then you can make you're own mind up on it. I find it 50/50 almost alternating days and still the jury's out on it.

I've also gone pano without rails think it looks nice and clean.

Reactions: Jassyo06 and sunscreemer
Very decent spec on your car. I don't think there's much on there that you didn't tick haha

Glad you've made a decision. Sounds a great spec. Will look forward to your views on S-tronic versus the BMW 8 speed automatic. Love my BMW but feel the 4 rings tugging me back for the next car.

Glad you've made a decision. Sounds a great spec. Will look forward to your views on S-tronic versus the BMW 8 speed automatic. Love my BMW but feel the 4 rings tugging me back for the next car.

Although not the longest test drive there was nothing that troubled me. I look forward to comparing too, but it'll just be another short getting used to it phase before its second nature I feel. Exactly the same as you with the lure of 4 rings. Preferred looking at that in centre of steering wheel than BMW.