It's on!

Greeny233

It's all about the V8.
Reaction score
Finally after much hunting my twin exit GMBH bumper is on.
Just have to wait until Tuesday for Tweeks to fit my Powerflow zorst. I mucked up the Audi black bumper sticker (over warmed it and stretched it, £27 down the drain) so I used some left over 3M carbonfibre wrap.
I used some Jaguar X-Type parking sensors which I got from the breakers for just £20 (Cheaper option to new Audi sensors and easier than filling the bumper)

null_zpseb96f34a.jpg

null_zps14822b64.jpg

null_zps5a97b827.jpg

Reactions: Turkster
Sweet, looks good. I'm glad I didn't have to go anywhere with my old tips poking out lol

Personally, I'd buy another sticker as I think it would look better than the carbon.

like the carbon look mate,looks subtle and cool!
what was the old bumper on before as im after the gmbh without cut out for my diesel if you had that and its for sale?

Nice work,not jealous at all...much :)

One day ill find one to fit.

Update!
Couldn't wait until Tuesday so got some cheap 90mm clamp on tail pipes.

6dea886225b399c9547b3a2c01aea1cf.jpg

0b75f4690177c81464bfa8dc3c3ff412.jpg

a16a4e52abefabade37ca5ebe9eeb164.jpg

like the carbon look mate,looks subtle and cool!
what was the old bumper on before as im after the gmbh without cut out for my diesel if you had that and its for sale?

Hi, the old bumper was on my Avant and it was a GMBH with out cut outs and yes it's up for sale. It's not perfect, I'll post up some pictures and you can make me an offer.

Right, final update on the exhaust. Had the Powerflow exhaust done today. I've had both rear silencers removed and replaced with straight pipe, due to a shortage of tail pipes my old colleagues at Tweeks sorted me out with a couple of Milltek 3" slash cut tail pipes.
My old mate Leighton at Tweeks has done an excellent job and the fit and finish is excellent.

46dc68892caca3b0dfc398fbc4ff926f.jpg

15f1ace9e325b159bd28c75b388a4eb1.jpg

f2d00267bc22535742b408312753fbe2.jpg

82c68024527622f254c1ddd7012a760e.jpg

Without the rear silencers the exhaust note is slightly louder but nearly noticeable.

Agreed, looks good. I like the straight pipes.

Reactions: Greeny233
Nice, looking good. Huge improvement.

Looks really good mate, I've just had a full turbo back system put on mine with rear silencers and it drones something terrible. You say yours isn't much louder? I'm really pleased with the fit and finish and it looks great but it's too loud. Will be going back to see what they can do. It is a petrol don't know if that makes a difference with noise.

Hi AlexGSI2000. Just for you I've just uploaded a video to YouTube. It's still showing as processing so you'll have to give it a while. Sounds quite loud on the outside but I can barely notice any difference on the inside, just a bit more turbo whistle.

http://youtu.be/vMeMYf2EzE8

nice.... i like that a lot.... who would have thought removing the silencers would make so little difference to the noise? i would have thought it would be really loud.... i bet it's saved a fair chunk of weight too as zorst's aint lite these days.... do they sell those pipes to fit yourself or are they a custom fit ?

Hi AlexGSI2000. Just for you I've just uploaded a video to YouTube. It's still showing as processing so you'll have to give it a while. Sounds quite loud on the outside but I can barely notice any difference on the inside, just a bit more turbo whistle.

Audi A4 1.9TDI sound with rear silencers removed. - YouTube

Sounds nice and deep, was expecting it to sound a little "tinny" - bet your happy with that!
I may upload a video of mine!

Reactions: Greeny233 and hughjass

http://youtu.be/vMeMYf2EzE8

^^^^^
Very nice indeed :D