its getting closer ......... + Phatnoise....?

steeve

Reaction score
Well I now have a reg number for my A3, having waited since the end of November its starting to seem a whole lot closer to arriving...

I have had a quote for Phat noise from the Dealer of £663 seems a lot of money, does this seem high? Any one else got a quote? Also dont know how much I would use it, seems like its boys toys in a way, I dont do a lot of miles and I am having the Bose and Symphony 6 CD so is it worth it?

Appreciate any comments.

STEVE................ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

Fobber,
Would be interested to know who charged you £500.
dealer ?
One option would be to buy the unit separately, say on ebay & fit the unit after.
I can't decide - Phatnoise or ipod, or stick with burning Cd's as I am doing at the mo - & put the money towards something more useful.
Great pics of the new motor by the way, if only I could get my camera to work......... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

i've just bought a Dension DH100ix with 60gb hard disk from Dabs for £233 delivered. It replaces the existing headunit and it's got a removable hd in a caddy behind the display, you pull it out, plug it in to your usb port on your pc and transfer. It's got an excellent display as well so you get full idv3 tag info.
4 x 35 watts, RDS etc

Why do anything else? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

Fuzzynapper

It was the dealer who charged me £500 for the phatnoise. I had a demo and 1/2 hour playing and decided then to get it. Fed up hunting in the glove box for cds.

Car looks better than in the pics as its rotten weather. I just need to find the money to keep putting petrol in the tank now.

Fobber
Which dealer did you go through ?
I know what you mean about the fuel - its a good job I've got an interest in global oil production - keeps me in a job ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Looking at the accessories brochure - the phatnoise was 500+VAT for supply only. When I enquired, my dealer wanted about 799 supplied and fitted. Finally found another dealer who quoted me 600 supplied + fitted. Got my original dealer to match that.

From reading the forums though, it's a lot cheaper to source from the states and install yourself.

Now I am awaiting for my dealer to find out possible install locations for the unit as I don't want it on the boot wall which seems to be the default location. I have a lot of baby stuff like toys and pushchairs etc. - thinking of underneath passenger seat if possible with a kickplate to protect it.

It was Audi epsom. I was very impressed with them. I need to go back tonight and pick up the details of the Tracker i had fitted to the car.

The forgot to tell me who to call if it gets nicked.

phatnoise software can import/link to your itunes storage folder - that way when you download or import into itunes, the phatnoise software will pick up the added music and sync it with the cartridge

just point the phatnoise music manager to the folder where itunes keeps your music (my documents/my music/itunes) is the default

phatnoise quality -

as long as your mp3 files are ripped at a high enough data rate, particularly vbr between 128 and 320, you cannot tell the difference between the original cd. obviously this uses up the cartdridge quicker but 128k tracks have a muffled trebble.