1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's finally mine, all mine!!!!

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by djoblong, Feb 16, 2005.

1. djoblong

djoblong Member

[Feb 16, 2005]
    Almost 4 full months after ordering (including a couple of weeks with dicking around trying to deliver it - 250 miles on the clock once delivered!!!) my A3 2.0T Quattro Sportback has arrived. Ooooohhh, it's nice. Love the feeling of your head sinking back into the headrest as you pull through 2000-5000 in 2nd. Also got my Denison Ice Link today but the schmucks at ihavetohave.it forgot the head keys so I guess I'll have to wait a few more days for sweet ipod action. Bose system is sweet also. Not chav-loud but definitely super clear even at maximum (30) volume on the dial and more than enough oomph for most listeners I would warrant.

One thing I did notice that I am kicking myself for a bit is there are no vanity lights on the sun visors. I forgot to order the interior light pack. Hope this won't be a big deal. I'm sure I'll survive.

Try to post some photos soon.

Cheers

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 22, 2014]

3. richy

richy Member

[Feb 16, 2005]
    250 miles on the clock....

can i ask why?

mine was delivered with 8 miles on the clock...

another dealer said it should have come with roughly 500 miles on the clock...lol i just laughed and told them where to go..
  4. imported_Skywalker

imported_Skywalker Guest

[Feb 16, 2005]
    Nice one Djoblong!

Get some pics up!!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
  5. marriedblonde

marriedblonde Moderator

[Feb 16, 2005]
    I always thought if the car had more than 100 miles on the clock is was considered second hand! 250 miles at delivery does seem a tad high.

J.
  6. TDI-line

TDI-line Uber Post Whore

[Feb 16, 2005]
    I think up to 250 is within the tolerance of the car being delivered, but best to check with your dealer. But i know i would be /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif off.
  7. imported_christhick

imported_christhick Guest

[Feb 16, 2005]
    I'd want a free service when its due and everything the dealer can throw at it. Someone has had a weeks worth of average motoring out of that car.

Worried about vanity lights and no 1500 mile run-in. Are you female by any chance!?!

Only joking, nice car mate, enjoy!
  8. djoblong

djoblong Member

[Feb 17, 2005]
    Thanks Chriswt you big nonce! I was more worried my wife would be concerned by the lack of vanity mirrors but in reality there is the one big light in the roof which is fine for readin the A-Z at night when lost in east london so no big deal.

The head unit keys are currently on back order with www.ihavetohave.it and won't get there til next week so I can't get the ipod connected until then. I refuse to use my iTrip in London because there is literally not one spare frequency where you can get decent reception. It worked fine when I used to live in LA. Also worked fine when I went down to Cornwall in a mate's car once. The Bose is still sweet, will have to make do with CD's til next week!

Try to take some photos soon. Had some head turns yesterday. Also lined up against an S3 at the lights yesterday. Unfortunately there was a car in front of me else I may have tried him on for size.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Happy waiting the rest of you!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
  9. Japper

Japper Ibis S3 Fan Club

[Feb 17, 2005]
    4. Driven ( rather than on low loader ) from supplying dealer far far away. If it was supplied by local dealer I would be asking some pretty probing questions as to how !
  10. djoblong

djoblong Member

[Feb 17, 2005]
    In the defence of the dealer, they tried to deliver it on a truck last week and that got bollocksed up because there driver was not familiar with where they could stop. Then it was taken to a holding bay in Birmingham and driven to London the next week by the transport company. A bit of a bitch but I have also had some issues on my side that I can't really go into so I really can't gripe too much.

I'm so stoked with the car that I really can't be arsed. I love him so. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif