1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Its done. I'm official.

Discussion in 'RS3 Forum' started by Somniac, Dec 22, 2013.

1. MBK

MBK Active Member

Neil you just need to think a little more laterally. RS3copilot's T-shirt would surely make a useful polishing cloth and Tom Ford makes the suits for James Bond in Skyfall which brings us neatly back to Aston Martin.

Clear enough links to me, I saw nothing at all smutty in the links....:laugh:
    45bvtc and Mr_Freeze like this.
  2. 45bvtc

45bvtc Well-Known Member

You're RIGHT Neil: had I not had a couple of 'likes' I would have deleted my entry; anyway, my laundry has improved since...:blow:
  3. Mr_Freeze

Mr_Freeze Well-Known Member

No you have my apologies as does Ben. If it we're not for Mark educating me in your very clever and deep meaningful ways of keeping on theme I would have been highly offended :whistle2:
    MBK, DAYTONA500 and 45bvtc like this.
  4. h n y +

h n y + Member

hi all . going to view a 62 plate suzuka gray with 20 k miles on it this weekend has anyone got any tips on what to look out for . i spoke to audi today and the sales guy said the car only came in a couple of days ago and needs some work carrying out . had some photos sent to me of it and it looks a very nice car . i did notice on the one picture of the front end he sent that the drives side bottom vent is missing also the washer jet cover is missing ? just thought it was a bit strange ?
  5. DAYTONA500

DAYTONA500 Well-Known Member

They could be doing a bit of local paintwork on the front, Suzuka Grey is a nice colour it looks better in the flesh .Check the tyres are a decent brand and plenty of tread left,when i was looking for mine i saw one advertised with Avons.
  6. Mr_Freeze

If they're doing some spray work on it, get them to put a decent top coat on rather than leaving it with a "primer" finish :icon_thumright:
  7. h n y +

h n y + Member

take it your not a lover of suzuka primer grey mr freeze . i like it in the pictures not seen it up close yet .
  8. Mr_Freeze

It's a long story........
    Suzuka is ok, but next to 2 x white ones it just looks dirty white!
    It's a bit like a nice new white sock and one that's been worn for a few months and doesn't ever wash as clean as it first was :yes:

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/rs3-forum/186257-daz-you-decide.html
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2014
    DAYTONA500 and Veneeringman like this.
  9. MBK

MBK Active Member

Ha ha ha, the banter is back...and you can keep your hands of my 'pink' wheel too before you start.

[​IMG]

Is it true that when you take your Suzuka motor to the local 'eastern European of your choice' car wash they all do a runner because they think you're coming back to complain they washed all the paint off with truck wash again? I'm only partly joking too you should see the mess they've madde of my mates 3 series (company beater), whatever stuff they use to has washed the numbers off his front plate!
    Moschops, DAYTONA500 and Mr_Freeze like this.
  10. DAYTONA500

Pink wheel ! off white Suzuka Grey ! forget Daz you lot need some of this.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2014
    Moschops and Mr_Freeze like this.
  11. h n y +

h n y + Member

oh dear suzuka grey does not seemed to be liked by a lot . :think:
  12. DAYTONA500

I like it, looks great with Black Optics and would have a car in Suzuka myself .:thumbsup:
    Moschops likes this.
  13. MBK

MBK Active Member

Nope it's just some banter that started between Mr Freeze and Robbiemac when he was around, no harm intended if you like it go for it. Mt RS3 has takenm some flak for having too much bling but you know I like it that way, the great thing is pretty much all RS3s are slightly different.
    Moschops likes this.
  14. Mr_Freeze

Sorry hny, didn't mean to put you off Suzuka. We all have different tastes and likes. It's only Banter at the end of the day if you end up with an RS3, it makes you one of a select group of 750!

If you like it, buy it.
    DAYTONA500, Moschops and 45bvtc like this.
  15. 45bvtc

45bvtc Well-Known Member

Suzuka grey IS liked a lot h n y +, it's just banter.

I much prefer Suzuka grey to white, but then mine's blue. Though if I were talking to Mr. Freeze I'd definitely prefer white - as Mr. Freeze is much taller than me, even though I've only met him once.

And when I see a Daytona RS3 I go all-gooey again, as that's what I'd have had given the choice. But then there's that Misano red and/or the black, wow!

To be truthful h n y +, I haven't seen a single RS3 I didn't like, whatever the colour...
  16. Moschops

Moschops Member

Blimey that done some miles on a 62 plate. Did he say what sort of work needing doing, best find out fella and report back :friends:
  17. h n y +

h n y + Member

well just got back . i had a good look around the car it had a few marks here and there not much to worry about then we went for a test drive . i got in the car and it was all pretty much the same as the 09 s3 i had a while back . so i set of down the road and quickly came to understand what they are all about . the sound of the engine is great . got it on a straight and give it some me and the guy looked at each other at the same time and laughed . i really enjoyed it and soon forgot about the interior with that noise . we get back and start talking about the car i ask him when will the car be ready to go and he says he is not sure as they are waiting on parts . on to the body work the little marks here and there and he says they do not plan on putting them rite :think: which i was shock at . then i got to the mileage on it for the age of the car thinking barging tool . he did not move an inch . i give him a offer and he said because it as not been in long they can not do anything with the price . he offered me 12 months tax i said no and walked away maybe in the next couple of days i might hear something . i really liked suzuka grey on the car the only thing i did not like was the silver grill think it would be better with the black one . all in all bit pi$$ed off did not get a deal but will see what the next few days bring :thumbsup:
  18. Veneeringman

Veneeringman Bazinga

There's a couple of Suzuka grey RS3's on autotrader website.
  19. Moschops

Moschops Member

Good luck, there was 32 on Pistonheads the other day, early days, I'm sure you'll find a nice one and lower miles. :arco:
  20. h n y +

h n y + Member

suzuka or maybe white for me and that is it . the audi sales guy josh said he could only move on the price if i used audi solutions but as i intended to buy out rite he could not move on the price for now :think:
  21. DAYTONA500

22. h n y +

h n y + Member

yes that is it .
  23. DAYTONA500

24. Mr_Freeze

Get one with Buckets!
  25. Somniac

Somniac Member

26. h n y +

h n y + Member

27. h n y +

h n y + Member

would love to mr freeze but easier said than done they seem rare .
  28. Moschops

Moschops Member

29. h n y +

h n y + Member

that is what i thought cash is king not this time . i bought a 12 plate golf R in may it was up at 28 grand at vw harrogate i went in offered 24 grand the sales guy said give me a moment why i ask my manager he came back said yes if i leave a deposit today and the deal was done . got a bit of a shock this time round and i was not asking silly money off the car either .:huh:
  30. 45bvtc

45bvtc Well-Known Member

Take care h n y +...

It's all down to the individual of course but I would NOT have bucket seats in my RS3 at any price, as getting in and out of those high squab seats for me is a right-pain in the wotsits.

OK, I like 'em (ish) when I'm sat in 'em, but overall the standard 'comfort' seats suit me and mine best.
    Veneeringman and DAYTONA500 like this.
  31. DAYTONA500

I agree 100% with what John says and also they reduce the cabin space ,I liked the look of them until i sat in them and realised they were not practical for me and chose the comfort seats.
    Veneeringman likes this.
  32. Moschops

Moschops Member

Don't take any notice...you want the buckets.... :jump:
    Mr_Freeze likes this.
  33. dbm

dbm Active Member

Also, depending on how broad your beam is you definitely won't like them - I didn't fit in them.
    DAYTONA500, 45bvtc and Veneeringman like this.
  34. 45bvtc

45bvtc Well-Known Member

Says the man who's sold his...
    DAYTONA500 and Moschops like this.
  35. Moschops

Moschops Member

lol....it's still sat in the garage John...:asskicking:

The new one also has buckets....:eiertritt:
  36. Kelza

Kelza MODERATOR Staff Member Moderator

I just sold my rs3 it's a sad day be needs must :( good luck finding the right rs3 ...
  37. h n y +

h n y + Member

so you have a rs3 and a rs4 ?
  38. 45bvtc

45bvtc Well-Known Member

I've read the spec Wayne and it certainly looks good, however, with the RS3, I remember you reporting (a PM to me maybe) that the failure of Audi to address (among other things) the saggy leather bucket seat bottom (and others have too) and squeaky bucket seats (and others have too) on a relatively new car, younger than mine anyway, as being one of the reasons/complaints that led Audi to offer you the RS4. AND, on another RS3 Forum, there have been guys wanting to swap buckets for comforts... Like I say, it's all down to individual choice and 'h n y +' may prefer the 'electric' option...
  39. Moschops

Moschops Member

The seats in the RS4 have a different designed seat squab, so hopefully that should sort out the problem of baggy leather. However I like the buckets, IMHO it's what makes an RS, however I appreciate that not everyone likes them or can live with them. :thumbsup:
    Squeaky seats were sorted and we've had no further problems with them, so that fix worked unlike some of the others...:tumble:

Anyway it's days are numbered with the RS4 now at the dealers it should be in my garage in a couple of weeks time. Then just waiting the okay to drive again. :racer:
  40. Moschops

Moschops Member

Yes have an RS3 and a 4, but not both at home. RS4 should be home in a couple of weeks.

[​IMG]