It's been one of those months!!!

Daz4311

Reaction score
Several weeks ago my car went into audi for my audi beam to be fitted as was missing upon collection...all goes well only takes 20 mins,get car back...love the audi beam..drive home and park the car up...then I get the world's worse case of man flu..really knocked me for six...must be my age lol..so I'm not using the car..a week goes by..back the car out of my garage and suddenly I see it..a small but noticeable ding below my drivers front door...now I'm a bit ocd so the world has just ended lol..so take it straight to a local legend in the dent world near me...the dent man in St Helens...he has sorted dings out on previous cars..and yet again he removed the dint in around 30 mins,made up I pay my £60 and go home..so again parked up in my garage..this morning..I'm bored so I think I will give the car a quick clean...back it out of the garage..and start cleaning...I get on my hands and knees and start to do my alloys..then again my world ends lol,,,my near side rear alloy has a small but really noticeable curbing mark..so after about 2 hours messing with it...I've got all the marks out but I'm left with a area of around 3 inchs with scratches in my alloy ..the top coat has broken so eventually it will look worse and worse..now the only place it has been is audi and to the dent guy...but I know it wasn't the dent guy as I watched him work his magic...so the only other place it could have happened was at audi...but I've got no proof so I've just got to take it on the chin...but I'm now on the hunt for a new alloy as I reckon it will look a bit worse for wear after 1 winter in the uk..so there it is..rant over lol

Nooo not good mate. If I were looking to replace the one alloy I wouldn't bother!!! Have you thought about just buying another complete set for summer use and using your current set one/damaged for winter use? Then when you sell the car just sell the other alloys and get some money back!

Reactions: Daz4311
Why not just get this wheel refurbished, which is what I did when I had similar damage
They never look right buddy..these diamond cut alloys just never repair right

Reactions: Rob2k68
Aah....mine are bog standard Sport wheels, so not diamond cut....thanks goodness!! :grinning:

Go into the garage and ask if you can have a new wheel at cost price seeing you have just bought the car .

My car came back from Audi Hamilton 3 weeks ago for a service,my mother dealt with it all as she lives close by,when it came back l instantly checked all the alloys...cool all was great....first wash after the visit.....large **** off scratches above the driver side rear wheel arch....it was them but l had left it to long....since the service to have any leeway for to point the finger at them....managed to polish them out....but any other Audi l get,it wont never go backto that branch

Reactions: DrMal and Audi Bairn
My car came back from Audi Hamilton 3 weeks ago for a service,my mother dealt with it all as she lives close by,when it came back l instantly checked all the alloys...cool all was great....first wash after the visit.....large **** off scratches above the driver side rear wheel arch....it was them but l had left it to long....since the service to have any leeway for to point the finger at them....managed to polish them out....but any other Audi l get,it wont never go backto that branch

I feel the pain for the OP and also @jassyo06. Those scratches were probably caused whilst installing the wheel after inspecting the brakes and you were lucky that they were just surface scratches. I am always anxious when I pick up my car after any service work and I do a visual check at pick up time, but until you wash it you can miss some minor damage. Service techs will be very reluctant to fess up to the manager they did minor damage to your vehicle on the assumption you will not notice it on pick up.
As I am now retired and if it is just normal service maintenance I book the car in for the the first appointment of that day on a customer wait basis and with a no wash stipulation. Hang around for an hour or two, read the newspaper check out the new cars and have a free coffee and then inspect the car which will always be in the daylight hours....worked so far with no service damage, touch wood

Reactions: Jassyo06
Ps....my 58 plate Honda Civic Type R.....Same Scenario...my mother had to deal with it...as l am at work.....came back.....one of the uber expensive 19" alloys had been curbed....but this time i managed straight away to return to the dealership....and nearly blew a fuse with them,best l got was a new wheel at cost....£400...they picked the car up and drove it back.....they admit nothing unless caught red handed....ie before it leaves there premise's

My Audi goes to Glasgow, even though Hamilton is local.

Audi Approved Hamilton doesn't have the same ring to it that Glasgow Audi does!