It's all gone wrong!!!

filipharvey

Amusing Tagline
Reaction score
Having a play about with the codes in VCDS, I changed the central locking to one click open for all doors, and also tried a few codes to change the clock to 12hr.
Both of these worked, however the 12hr clock came with other unwanted options, so I reverted the code to it's original.
The problems started there; firstly, the outside temperature display (no DIS fitted) is no longer active, it still shows 'OK' and everything else, but the temp is missing.
Then, more catastrophically, I decided to revert the central locking settings, in case for some strange reason that was the cause. (Un)Surprisingly not, however when I tried to change the code back, the code I inputted was not the code that was stored in the module. I eventually got it to go back to the original code, however it will now not lock/unlock with the remote or the button inside - the key only unlocks the drivers door and all the others then have to be done manually.

HELP!!!

Original Codes

Locking (Module 35)

Instruments (Module 17)

Changed Codes (Not nesesarily what I put in, but these are what were stored in the module)

Locking (Module 35)

Instruments (Module 17)

The codes are now back at original, but the symptoms persist.

2000 A6 C5 1.8T Avant
VCDS-Lite (Registered)

Try a Full scan and clear any codes, re go thorugh the modules and double check everything
also check the softt coding against the pop up screen to make sure everything is right

Just a quick update. Haven't managed to hook the car up yet as the Mrs is out in it.
The temperature display has started working, albeit showing -27° so I'm guessing the sensor has to be left for a while to calibrate. If only I had known that before I blamed it on the Module 35 code change, my locking would be working!

All done now! Stupid ****** thing had forgotten the remote, so I used VCDS to pair them up again!
As for the temperature read out, I'm still working on that. It has stopped displaying anything again.....

Have a look in the adaptations for the temp sensor, the vaules might need changing
Glad you got you keys sorted lol
Never thought my self.

Not sure if its the same but on Golfs you can re sync a key with the car in order for the remote to work without VCDS

You can re-sync the key without VCDS, yes, but the car had actually forgotten the key - none were registered to the module, so it had to be relearnt.

I tried finding the temp sensor settings on VCDS, but I have no idea where to find it! Any ideas?

So far it hasn't been displayed again, so there is definitely a problem there.

(Cheers for your help!)

Modules can sometimes get confused & go funny, so battery of for period of time then on shuts everything down & then comes back up fresh, result I'd say, make notes of original codings before messing with & also adaptation channels you change so you can easily revert.