It's alive!!! Alive I say!!!

Oranoco

Reaction score
Website
www.passionford.com
Well after 2 weeks of mucking about and buying a Ford Mondeo to get me to work while the A4 was in bits it's finally back together. A mate of mine (Rhinopower) came over yesterday and it all slipped together. Still missing an air filter to fit as the big posh K&N doesn't fit in the hole :( also need to swap a boost hose between the intercooler and its hard pipe. To say it was not anywhere close to as easy as it had been made out to be would be an understatement, literally everything needed modifying.

A quick test whizz tonight, couldn't resist opening the taps a little and saw 11.9 AFR @WOT but was listening very carefully for det and only rev'd to about 4500rpm.

And the new addition to the fleet ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Morne
What problems did you find?

Not sure what the "everything" means, the only stuff that i had to modify was the charge pipework and boost control lines (becuase the K04 compressor housing doesnt have a take off).

Nice one. What's the spec?

Well it's an LX so it gets aircon, parking sensors auto dimming mirror...... oh hang on.. lol

Stock turbo modified exhaust side and K04-023 compressor side. C20 LET injectors, 3 bar FPR, Golf VR6 MAF housing with original sensor, Evolution Racewerks TIP, decat and Milltek system. Also wired in the AEM AFR gauge.

Reactions: Nilz and slepy
What problems did you find?

Not sure what the "everything" means, the only stuff that i had to modify was the charge pipework and boost control lines (becuase the K04 compressor housing doesnt have a take off).

You name it, it caused a problem, breather system pipework, TIP fitting. I was fortunate with the K04 housing as the guy did drill and tap it so I had the take off needed. To be fair had I not been struggling with a ******** back it may have been easier.

The breather on my big TIP was in a slightly odd position, but i found a suitably shaped bit of hose in my box of crap to connect it up.

Whats the plan for a tune?

Is that a hks ssqv i can hear ??

Or is there a bit of compressor stall ??

Whats the actuator pressure im assumming N75 is disconnected, also you logged MAF readings yet ?

Yes running an HKS SQV. Mate of mine bought it for me for helping him out. There is a little chatter present at light throttle. N75 is plugged in, peak of 12psi. Will ask mate to bring VAGcom up so we can log MAF readings. Is it worth unplugging N75?

The breather on my big TIP was in a slightly odd position, but i found a suitably shaped bit of hose in my box of **** to connect it up.

Whats the plan for a tune?

I have to be honest, it's being left with my mapper but we're aiming for 18psi and making adjustments from their depending on the data collected.

What actuator have you used? I run mine without N75 because its got a 12psi actuator on it. Stock actuator you'll probably get away with leaving it on, but its safer to leave it off until its mapped properly.

What sort of timeframe do you think it'll be for a tune? Looking forwards to seeing what it makes!

I purchased the unit complete from AR-rkon on here. So it's a bit of an unknown.

Mapping should be done this Friday so watch this space.

Mate's coming up with VAGcom for some MAF logs tomorrow night.

AFAIK Robs turbo was a standard K04-020 from an S3, with the K03 turbine housing machined to fit. Just dont know if he used the stock actuator or upgraded it. Any pics of either the turbo or the installation?

I did take a few pics but can't for the life of me find the camera, think I left it on the kerb outside the house :( Compressor side was definately K04-023 as I found the Universal Turbos tag. Only pic to hand is this one.