1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

itg intake foam baffle

Jonni Jun 2, 2013

1. Jonni

Jonni Active Member

Noticed on a few ppls cars that are running itg intakes there is a foam baffle enclosing the filter. Does this come with the kit and if not where do you get them from thanks

2. Adamj

Adamj Member

I would also like to know this, I saw a company that sold one like the itg which was over 80 pounds. Way over priced if you ask me :scared2:

3. essIII

essIII Active Member

Pretty sure it comes with the ITG Maxogen - it certainly came with my 2nd hand one...

4. nil538

nil538 Active Member

It should come with it in the itg filter set up it's just a foam heat shield to cut down the heat for the engine getting to the filter I don't know if you can buy them on there own

5. S3Alex

S3Alex Rarely neutral Team Ibis TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter Audi S3 DSG

ANother ITG user here...the foam baffles do come with the kit.

Why not give ITG a call.

I've always found them to be very helpful.

6. S.

S. Save the manuals Team Ibis TFSI Owners Group Audi S3 quattro Manual

i've removed foam heat shield on mine and made air feed/heat shield that gets air from the oem intake location. seems to work well and it looks good.

7. zaf786

zaf786 Member

hmm funnily enough I never got a foam heatshield either but :iagree: I might just make one myself

8. Adamj

Adamj Member

How did you make it? Have you got any pics?

9. S.

S. Save the manuals Team Ibis TFSI Owners Group Audi S3 quattro Manual

there are pics and description in my thread.
    [​IMG]
    it's made of aluminum sheet. you can use different materials (like lightweight corex) and add heat reflecting tape if you want.

Starry likes this.