1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Italy V Gemany.......

The Slug Jul 4, 2006

1. The Slug

The Slug Active Member

.what a game, into extra time now and italy hit the woodwork twice so far! WOW! Its like watching a final!!

2. The Slug

The Slug Active Member

I thought Germany played very well, shame! Italy scored two maginifco goals tho! Thats gotto have been the best game for a long time

3. DPM

DPM Site Sponsor Site Sponsor

Glad the Italians won, they deserved it!

4. Olly_K

Olly_K Administrator

yep, best match I've seen in a long time (and i dont really like football).
    Being half italian and having them in the sweepstakes at work were the only things that made me watch it.
    Dare i say it, i feel sorry for the germans, they played well. The ball just kept on going from goal to goal !

5. Rev-head

Rev-head Active Member

Yeah best game i have watched in a long time ......and no diving and playing up in front of the REF trying to get players booked

Sorry there had to be a loser

6. bainsyboy

bainsyboy Guest

COME ON ENGERLAND

7. A4Andy

A4Andy Quattro-tastic. Not half.

I watched the first half with about 20 Germans and Italians that I work with. I'll have to be sure and tell them, "no fighting" when they roll in this morning.

I just managed to resist the temptation to decorate a couple of German desks with some bunting the Italians have on theirs. :)

8. missviper

missviper Member

What a goal from Del Piero hope he plays in the final

Come on Italy!!!!!

9. jdp1962

jdp1962 Grumpy Old Moderator Staff Member Moderator Team V6 TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter Team Tornado quattro Black Edition Audi S4 s tronic

It made me want to grab the England players by the throat & shout "See!!! That's how you're meant to play!"

I also wanted to grab the appalling Eriksson & shout "See!!! That's how a manager should conduct himself when his team loses!"

10. amb276s3

amb276s3 bird spotter

at last some mature comment and not the usual german bashing you get from the braindead who seem to harp on about the war, i would like to congratulate both teams,(even though i support germany, england fans take note), on a superb game of football. ok the result didn't fall for us but i don't mind losing in a match of that quality,(england team take note), i never thought we would get that far in the first place and italy shaded the game, the only point i would like to make is that i thought it was a bit naughty of the italians to send fifa a video of the fight between germany and argentina which resulted in our most needed player being suspended, but i suppose that is just football nowadays, hope we still finish 3rd and i think that once again the german eagle is rising in football. written by a very content 100% born here englishman