It seems not everyone has heard of the drain hole problem

AudiLeon

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Got a call from a friend yesterday asking em to have a look at his Passat which isn't unlocking the rear doors.

Plugged it into VCDS and sure enough more faults than a ford production line.
Popped the bonnet and it was pretty damn full of water. Gave him the bad news and told him what he needed to do.

Then I went home to find out why our A6 wasn't washing the rear window. The connector which normally disconnects was absolutly fine. But there had been a repair in the line which had burst open. So the floor was abit wet. But you could see water coming down the inside of the bulkhead. Popped the bonnet to find the same problem. Urgh. Fixed that. Thankfully it doesn't look like it's ever reached the module. The pollen filter housing seal was ruined too. Popped that out and filled the gap to the brim with black silicone. That seams to have sealed rather nicely.

Got a dehumidifier coming today. So the car will get popped in the garage today with that on full blast.

(Disclaimer I don't actually have anything against Fords. Any comment from here after about how fords are good cars will be ignored.)

Thats why I delay getting a new car.... cos I'd need to do all my mods and self fixes AGAIN :ohmy:

Plus I'm skint!