1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It never rains but it fecking pours !

S3 Paul Apr 24, 2013

1. S3 Paul

S3 Paul Well-Known Member Regional Rep

After finally getting my car back yesterday it developed a new problem...
    the clutch pedal felt strange about half way home and then the biting point dropped to near the floor...
    i pulled the pedal back up with my foot and all seemed ok, however worried that things like this don't just happen without reason I had a look when I got home... It appeared to be bad news when there was brake fluid under the the gear box...
    on closer inspection itappears that the part of the clutch hydraulic system where the clutch slave cylinder is located is leaking ( its wet and nowhere else is )
    has anybody else had this?
    its a pain but much less so than gear box off and a new clutch/ flywheel/and cylinder,

2. s3clarke

s3clarke Money grabbing s3!

Feel for you mate, when ever I fix a problem on mine something else becomes a problem. I can imagine when I come to sell it that somebody will buy a cracking car as I've spent and put alot of hours into it!

3. s3dave

s3dave TFSI Hybrid Supporter

Last edited: Apr 24, 2013
  4. Westy

Westy Well-Known Member

Unlucky bud. I've been waiting for this to happen to mine.

5. badger5

badger5 www.badger5.co.uk Site Sponsor

ewww.
    had this happen to a local S3 customer.
    his was leaking concentric slave...

maybe yours is what dave says... hopefully just an o ring or something as the other reason is box off

6. S3 Paul

S3 Paul Well-Known Member Regional Rep

I realy cant afford to take the box off again at the moment. money is very tight with other things taking priority over our problem child of a car.
    if the box comes off its a hell of a labour bill so probably make sence to fit a new clutch and flywheel at the same time.
    What kind of cost labour wise is a clutch swap these days?
    Ive done one but had a ramp then and i dont anymore.

7. Paradox1

Paradox1 Active Member

I got quoted 300 for my clutch change.

I woukd have tried myself but I havent seen any guides and I dont wana have the car in pieces come monday morning and I cant get it back together again lol

8. kwistof

kwistof South East Events Moderator Regional Rep

I paid about £300 for my recent clutch change earlier this year

In fact I paid it twice in a matter of months for gearbox/flywheel issues!

First was to replace the dual mass flywheel and clutch with a SMF and the second time was to replace the gearbox that blew up after the new SMF was fitted that destroyed the brand new clutch.

Tran$mi$$ion :mad: