It has arrived

Bluesman Pjrw

Reaction score
Picked the car up yesterday A3 Sportback s line 184ps TDi glacier white, comfort pack, folding mirrors, heated seats, sat nav.
Wow what a car, I can't believe the gizmos.
I didn't realise it had drive select.....anyone care to enlighten me, I have it set on auto ?
I am thoroughly enjoying the car and still learning the MMI system.
I have put some albums onto a SD card in folders, when they load I get two identical track listings, one set will play and the other won't. Anyone had the same problems??

Reactions: TDI-line and baldrick
Picked the car up yesterday A3 Sportback s line 184ps TDi glacier white, comfort pack, folding mirrors, heated seats, sat nav.
Wow what a car, I can't believe the gizmos.
I didn't realise it had drive select.....anyone care to enlighten me, I have it set on auto ?
I am thoroughly enjoying the car and still learning the MMI system.
I have put some albums onto a SD card in folders, when they load I get two identical track listings, one set will play and the other won't. Anyone had the same problems??

Drive select effects the response of the throttle and the steering, your supposed to run engine in but when your ready, select dynamic in drive select and enjoy!

Hi, nice spec, same as mine. ;)

Btw, is yours a Quattro, and are you near Cambridgeshire?

Are you using a Mac?

If so, open Terminal and type
dot_clean -m
[do not hit Return]
And then drag the folder from the SD card onto that text in Terminal, then hit return.

This removes the Mac invisible files that an be seen in MMI.

Now drag SD card icon to trash and eject SD card from Mac as normal.

However if you are using Windows then please post more info to help identify issue.

John.

Are you using a Mac?

If so, open Terminal and type
dot_clean -m
[do not hit Return]
And then drag the folder from the SD card onto that text in Terminal, then hit return.

This removes the Mac invisible files that an be seen in MMI.

Now drag SD card icon to trash and eject SD card from Mac as normal.

However if you are using Windows then please post more info to help identify issue.

John.
Thanks for the info, I am using a Mac.
How do you open Terminal ??
Sorry I am a bit challenged in the computing area !

Hold 'cmd' then hit 'space' to launch spotlight in the top right corner.

Type Terminal and press enter

Reactions: TDI-line