1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Issues after Rev D DV

wuta3 Oct 13, 2012

1. wuta3

wuta3 Well-Known Member

Hi All,

After replacing my old Rev C DV with a Rev D last weekend (which took all day because some idiot had rounded the 3 torx heads) I am still getting "leaky air noises" from the footwell. It sounds like normal DV noise but lasts about 2 seconds, is quite high pitch ... also air noise on acceleration and engine breaking.

Turbo response is improved from the new DV, torque shows im boosting 0.65 bar peak and 0.55 bar sustained, MPG is a bit low (17-20 town driving in Hilly Sheffield, 28 max motorway being careful).

Any ideas what I can check? Im really new to DIY car stuff so learning as I go.

Thanks in advance!

2. audicruiser

audicruiser Audi Heaven

Check all pipes from the turbo to the intercooler and the especially the pipes either side of the intercooler. These do give leaks sometimes and can even pop off in some circumstances.

I am assuming you replaced the rounded torx bolts when fitting your new Rev D? If you didn't then how do you know they are tight and the Diverter Valve is sealed properly, also did you use nut lock on the bolts?

3. wuta3

wuta3 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the reply,

The bolts were replaced, so should be good and tight. I'll check the piping tomorrow, it's a tight squeeze back there!