1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Issue with number plate LEDs

razza1 Jun 2, 2012

1. razza1

razza1 Well-Known Member

Had some no. plate LED units off HIDS4YOU and they've been working fine for ages (about a year) without any errors. All of a sudden they've both stopped working at the same time and given the dash light error...

I haven't had a chance to try my old normal units back in, is there a fuse for the rear number plate bulbs? They are in tight and not loose...

Very odd behaviour...

Any thoughts?

2. hades-

hades- Yorkshire & Humber Rep. Regional Rep VCDS Map User

are your fog lights still working ?

3. razza1

razza1 Well-Known Member

Yes

4. outsideline

outsideline Active Member

i had problems with the resistors in mine, in the end i just opted back for the normal type bulbs.

5. razza1

razza1 Well-Known Member

Was fine , had one that was on and off and think connectors had lost contact, replaced that one with a new one, worked fine, then suddenly both not working. Makes me think its a wiring problem as last time when one unit stopped the other one still worked.. .

6. razza1

razza1 Well-Known Member

Very weird, they're both working again....need to keep an eye on them.

7. RYN-LDN

RYN-LDN Member

Over the last year, I purchased 2 sets of LED number plate lights from two sellers from eBay, the first set I got were faulty and threw fault codes as soon as I fitted, and the second set was okay although after washing the car a few LED's stopped working!

The 2nd set I got from a different eBay seller now works perfectly! I guess it's just hit and miss with these units.

Also, both sets from the 2 sellers arrived in the same packaging so really, 1 out of 3 worked properly.

8. wayne77

wayne77 Member

9. RYN-LDN

RYN-LDN Member

10. wayne77

wayne77 Member

i do like the look of that kit but at £30 its not for me
    cheers for the link anyway

11. Khanage

Khanage Member

12. RYN-LDN

RYN-LDN Member

Khanage, I'll get some pictures taken tomorrow night after work and I'll post them on here.

13. RYN-LDN

RYN-LDN Member

Here are a few pictures of the lights themselves on the car at night..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]