1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Isn't it great when...

Discussion in 'Other Brands & Models' started by Drystone, Apr 10, 2003.

  1. Drystone

    Drystone Member

    Joined:
    Jan 3, 2003
    Messages:
    177
    Likes Received:
    0
    ...you can have a good play with another car, by which I mean a 'race' in a loose sense of the word, and then give each other a friendly wave when going your separate ways.

    Happened to me last night. I had a proper good blast along some dual carriageway with a Mini Cooper, once we finally went different ways at a junction the driver gave me a wave and a thumbs up. We were both grinning away to ourselves /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif.

    Nice to know that there are other likeminded drivers out there, apart from the people on this forum of course /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif.

    Christian
     
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement



    to hide this advert.
  3. Moresauce

    Moresauce Member

    Joined:
    Jan 2, 2003
    Messages:
    570
    Likes Received:
    1
    /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif
     
  4. mramage

    mramage Member

    Joined:
    Jan 5, 2003
    Messages:
    516
    Likes Received:
    5
    Yeah, I had a Passat T-red-DI in hurry the other day and I was in bit of a mood so I blasted past over 100K(ph) and then slowed a little further up. They continued and past me (dual carriageway), but we both had some fun on the next roundabout.

    Both keeping good distance, just having a litle fun.
    /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif
     
  5. S3Bangs

    S3Bangs Member

    Joined:
    Jan 2, 2003
    Messages:
    72
    Likes Received:
    0
    Exactly what happened to me yesterday... Some guy in a Porsche 911 all up the A406 we were sprinting..sometimes he couldnt keep up as I was in front, just as I turned off in North London as I hate going through the A406, I didnt see him anymore and thought oh well.. bout 20 mins later caught in traffic getting on the M1, bout 2 miles up on the M1, there he is again in my rear view mirror... we both cane it till I come of the exit in Watford which he does too.. Im thinking.. is he the Po following me but it was a left hooker. As we get to the top of the exit at the lights he's right beside me and says, If I knew you'd be that quick, I'd have asked for a lift.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goofy.gif He then asks... **** me!! what you got in that?? It is deceivingly quick, you wouldnt have thought it could be! Just tell him... he's lucky I'd rather have a porsche as well... we say our goodbyes wave at each other, big smile on my face... the S didnt let me down again.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif
     
  6. AL_B

    AL_B Active Member

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2003
    Messages:
    1,573
    Likes Received:
    0
    Yeah, it is good. Its happened in the past, but not happened since getting the S3. Then again, I haven't had many "races" in the S3.

    AL
     
  7. Mo-S3

    Mo-S3 Member

    Joined:
    Jan 3, 2003
    Messages:
    709
    Likes Received:
    0
    AL is that coz your geeting old now ?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
     
  8. AL_B

    AL_B Active Member

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2003
    Messages:
    1,573
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hey! Bugger off! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

    There's probably some truth in your statement though, as I don't drive like a lunatic (e.g. S3Bangs /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif ) very often these days. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

    Most challenges I get are from:-

    - people who don't know what an S3 is, so challenge you in their plod-along car. Easy meat.
    - reps in their mondeo's / vectra's. Easy meat.


    AL
     
  9. dafunkymonkey

    dafunkymonkey Member

    Joined:
    Jan 10, 2003
    Messages:
    38
    Likes Received:
    0
    Oh well, it's my last week in Holland after 10 months!
    I like it over here cause when I've raced someone, they've all put their thumbs up, waved etc...it's cool. If only it was like that more in the UK!
     
  10. S3Bangs

    S3Bangs Member

    Joined:
    Jan 2, 2003
    Messages:
    72
    Likes Received:
    0
    [ QUOTE ]
    AL B said:
    I don't drive like a lunatic (e.g. S3Bangs /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif )

    AL

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Hey Old Man!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif... I only drive it like I stole it thank you... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif
     
  11. gtdog

    gtdog Member

    Joined:
    Jan 4, 2003
    Messages:
    194
    Likes Received:
    0
    I had a wonderful run with a Boxter today coming back from Poole on the A32. Supprised him by staying in front, later on I passed the Baton to a Guy driving a red RS4 avant (Lovely lovely lovely!) who dropped a gear and left everyone on the planet for dead! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile_smoking.gif
     
  12. MushroomMan

    MushroomMan Sucemabite

    Joined:
    Mar 12, 2003
    Messages:
    343
    Likes Received:
    0
    [ QUOTE ]
    S3Bangs said:
    He then asks... **** me!! what you got in that?? It is deceivingly quick, you wouldnt have thought it could be!

    [/ QUOTE ]

    So what have you got in there other than a bag of best pommes frites? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
     
  13. jamesa

    jamesa Member

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2003
    Messages:
    54
    Likes Received:
    0
    [ QUOTE ]
    S3Bangs said:
    Exactly what happened to me yesterday... Some guy in a Porsche 911 all up the A406 we were sprinting..sometimes he couldnt keep up as I was in front, just as I turned off in North London as I hate going through the A406, I didnt see him anymore and thought oh well.. bout 20 mins later caught in traffic getting on the M1, bout 2 miles up on the M1, there he is again in my rear view mirror... we both cane it till I come of the exit in Watford which he does too.. Im thinking.. is he the Po following me but it was a left hooker. As we get to the top of the exit at the lights he's right beside me and says, If I knew you'd be that quick, I'd have asked for a lift.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goofy.gif He then asks... **** me!! what you got in that?? It is deceivingly quick, you wouldnt have thought it could be! Just tell him... he's lucky I'd rather have a porsche as well... we say our goodbyes wave at each other, big smile on my face... the S didnt let me down again.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

    [/ QUOTE ]

    It happens in Aus as well, but the look of shock (and horror) as a little hatchback devours the big displacement Holden and Ford V8s is priceless! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

    S3bangs, you around Herts are you? When I was in the UK, I used to live not far from Elstree... you anywhere near there?

    -- james
     
  14. amoffat

    amoffat Member

    Joined:
    Jan 2, 2003
    Messages:
    466
    Likes Received:
    0
    I raced a Yamaha 750 something on the A46 yesterday morning, got up to 120 km/h and he didn't get passed, think he must have enjoyed the noise /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
     
  15. S3Bangs

    S3Bangs Member

    Joined:
    Jan 2, 2003
    Messages:
    72
    Likes Received:
    0
    [ QUOTE ]
    jamesa said:
    S3bangs, you around Herts are you? When I was in the UK, I used to live not far from Elstree... you anywhere near there?

    -- james

    [/ QUOTE ]
    James,

    I actually live around the docklands area but work in Watford... Saying that, our head office is in Elstree, so am always there at least once a week mate
     

Share This Page