1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Isn't it great when...

Discussion in 'Other Brands & Models' started by Drystone, Apr 10, 2003.

1. Drystone

Drystone Member

...you can have a good play with another car, by which I mean a 'race' in a loose sense of the word, and then give each other a friendly wave when going your separate ways.

Happened to me last night. I had a proper good blast along some dual carriageway with a Mini Cooper, once we finally went different ways at a junction the driver gave me a wave and a thumbs up. We were both grinning away to ourselves /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif.

Nice to know that there are other likeminded drivers out there, apart from the people on this forum of course /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif.

Christian

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Moresauce

Moresauce Member

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

4. mramage

mramage Member

Yeah, I had a Passat T-red-DI in hurry the other day and I was in bit of a mood so I blasted past over 100K(ph) and then slowed a little further up. They continued and past me (dual carriageway), but we both had some fun on the next roundabout.

Both keeping good distance, just having a litle fun.
    /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif

5. S3Bangs

S3Bangs Member

Exactly what happened to me yesterday... Some guy in a Porsche 911 all up the A406 we were sprinting..sometimes he couldnt keep up as I was in front, just as I turned off in North London as I hate going through the A406, I didnt see him anymore and thought oh well.. bout 20 mins later caught in traffic getting on the M1, bout 2 miles up on the M1, there he is again in my rear view mirror... we both cane it till I come of the exit in Watford which he does too.. Im thinking.. is he the Po following me but it was a left hooker. As we get to the top of the exit at the lights he's right beside me and says, If I knew you'd be that quick, I'd have asked for a lift.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goofy.gif He then asks... **** me!! what you got in that?? It is deceivingly quick, you wouldnt have thought it could be! Just tell him... he's lucky I'd rather have a porsche as well... we say our goodbyes wave at each other, big smile on my face... the S didnt let me down again.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

6. AL_B

AL_B Active Member

Yeah, it is good. Its happened in the past, but not happened since getting the S3. Then again, I haven't had many "races" in the S3.

AL

7. Mo-S3

Mo-S3 Member

AL is that coz your geeting old now ?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

8. AL_B

AL_B Active Member

Hey! Bugger off! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

There's probably some truth in your statement though, as I don't drive like a lunatic (e.g. S3Bangs /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif ) very often these days. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Most challenges I get are from:-

- people who don't know what an S3 is, so challenge you in their plod-along car. Easy meat.
    - reps in their mondeo's / vectra's. Easy meat.

AL

9. dafunkymonkey

dafunkymonkey Member

Oh well, it's my last week in Holland after 10 months!
    I like it over here cause when I've raced someone, they've all put their thumbs up, waved etc...it's cool. If only it was like that more in the UK!

10. S3Bangs

S3Bangs Member

[ QUOTE ]
    AL B said:
    I don't drive like a lunatic (e.g. S3Bangs /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif )

AL

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Old Man!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif... I only drive it like I stole it thank you... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

11. gtdog

gtdog Member

I had a wonderful run with a Boxter today coming back from Poole on the A32. Supprised him by staying in front, later on I passed the Baton to a Guy driving a red RS4 avant (Lovely lovely lovely!) who dropped a gear and left everyone on the planet for dead! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile_smoking.gif

12. MushroomMan

MushroomMan Sucemabite

[ QUOTE ]
    S3Bangs said:
    He then asks... **** me!! what you got in that?? It is deceivingly quick, you wouldnt have thought it could be!

[/ QUOTE ]

So what have you got in there other than a bag of best pommes frites? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

13. jamesa

jamesa Member

[ QUOTE ]
    S3Bangs said:
    Exactly what happened to me yesterday... Some guy in a Porsche 911 all up the A406 we were sprinting..sometimes he couldnt keep up as I was in front, just as I turned off in North London as I hate going through the A406, I didnt see him anymore and thought oh well.. bout 20 mins later caught in traffic getting on the M1, bout 2 miles up on the M1, there he is again in my rear view mirror... we both cane it till I come of the exit in Watford which he does too.. Im thinking.. is he the Po following me but it was a left hooker. As we get to the top of the exit at the lights he's right beside me and says, If I knew you'd be that quick, I'd have asked for a lift.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goofy.gif He then asks... **** me!! what you got in that?? It is deceivingly quick, you wouldnt have thought it could be! Just tell him... he's lucky I'd rather have a porsche as well... we say our goodbyes wave at each other, big smile on my face... the S didnt let me down again.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It happens in Aus as well, but the look of shock (and horror) as a little hatchback devours the big displacement Holden and Ford V8s is priceless! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

S3bangs, you around Herts are you? When I was in the UK, I used to live not far from Elstree... you anywhere near there?

-- james

14. amoffat

amoffat Member

I raced a Yamaha 750 something on the A46 yesterday morning, got up to 120 km/h and he didn't get passed, think he must have enjoyed the noise /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

15. S3Bangs

S3Bangs Member

[ QUOTE ]
    jamesa said:
    S3bangs, you around Herts are you? When I was in the UK, I used to live not far from Elstree... you anywhere near there?

-- james

[/ QUOTE ]
    James,

I actually live around the docklands area but work in Watford... Saying that, our head office is in Elstree, so am always there at least once a week mate