Isa's S3 8L

Interceptor

Reaction score
Hello ASN

My name is Isa (Isa means Jesus in Arabic, I am a man, not a lady from Singapore. Yes I was mistaken for that before :witless:), and I am from Bahrain. It's only my second time posting, but I've been a long time spectator. Learned so much from these forums, everyone is so helpful and nice honestly.

I own an 2001 Audi S3 8L (AMK), totally stock so far, silver with half leather / half silver Alcantara interior. Currently have 140K KM on the ODO. That's around 87,000 Miles. Have been the most reliable car I've had, and has a bit of everything in it. Totally love this car.

What I've done so far:
* Retrimmed headliner and parcel shelf with genuine silver Alcantara.
* Sprayed all pastic panels and pieces including dome lights to silver color, matching the alcantara headliner. Somehow I regret it now though, a contrasting color would have looked better IMO.
* Retrofitted the parcel shelf sun shade from an A3 8P (useful as it is my daily).

What needs to be done to bring it back to mint condition:
* Respray the roof (rust problem, not covered by warranty).
* Respray both bumpers.
* Re-condition or re-trim the front driver's seat (Alcantara is in bad shape compared to the rest of the car).
* Replace one headlight, right side. (recently broken by highway stones)
* Replace the head unit that I never use because it's rubbish and hardly works (might shoot for RNS-E).

I have plans for it but I will stash them away for now. Maybe some time in the future when I get mad at the world :rock:.

Here are a few pics:

IMG 20141005 WA0010

IMG 20141005 WA0011
IMG 20141005 WA0021
IMG 20141005 WA0029
IMG 20141005 WA0032
IMG 20141005 WA0034
IMG 20151024 WA0001
IMG 20151025 WA0018
IMG 20151025 WA0034
IMG 20151024 WA0002

Last edited:
Reactions: Nilz, Alex C, andy68 and 4 others
Welcome to audi-sport.net. Hope you enjoy the forum :) x

Welcome, nice pics.
What lense you using?

Very nice car, welcome to the site :)

Welcome to audi-sport.net. Hope you enjoy the forum :) x
Thank you. Sure thing..!

Welcome, nice pics.
What lense you using?
Thanks. My brother is the one taking all the photos using a Sigma 50mm 1.4. Also uses the regular 18-55 and a Zoom 70-300.

Hey man,

Glad to see another S3 from Arabville. Same color as mine, too! Looks great.
Thanks a lot man! Where are you from? I love silver. Would prefer more contrast between the exterior and interior. Very happy with it as it is though.

looks a nice car
Thanks a lot. Just get ready to ship some stuff to Bahrain!

Very nice car, welcome to the site :)
Thank you very much bro.

Thanks a lot man! Where are you from? I love silver. Would prefer more contrast between the exterior and interior. Very happy with it as it is though.

I'm in Lebanon, currently. I rarely hear of S3's out in the deep Middle East. How does it handle the heat? Is your car a Gulf spec car, if there's such a thing for Audis? Mine loses tons of power in the 40 degree summers we have here...

Nice looking standard car there buddy, give Raceglaze alcantara cleaner a try, it's pretty good, then give them a shave with a bobble off/ fuzz away type clothing shaver to remove the little bobbles and bring back the knapp of the cloth, welcome to the site.

I'm in Lebanon, currently. I rarely hear of S3's out in the deep Middle East. How does it handle the heat? Is your car a Gulf spec car, if there's such a thing for Audis? Mine loses tons of power in the 40 degree summers we have here...
I think you could do with a front mount intercooler or even a charge cooler in that sort of heat.

Lebanon is such a nice place. Yes there are "Gulf Audi" specs. However, no S3 8L. The only main dealership to sell a few S3s in the gulf was Oman at the time. Mine is actually Japanese specs (To know if an S3 is Japanese spec; check out the front license plate frame molded to the bumper).
As you said, the car loses a lot of power in the summer. High temperatures with high humidity make a noticeable -negative- difference.

Nice looking standard car there buddy, give Raceglaze alcantara cleaner a try, it's pretty good, then give them a shave with a bobble off/ fuzz away type clothing shaver to remove the little bobbles and bring back the knapp of the cloth, welcome to the site.
Thanks. I tried using some foam cleaner and a shaver, it helped a lot, just not with the driver's seat. I think the previous owner did a horrible job trying the clean it which actually ruined it. I will try Raceglaze this time, hope it works.

Lebanon is such a nice place. Yes there are "Gulf Audi" specs. However, no S3 8L. The only main dealership to sell a few S3s in the gulf was Oman at the time. Mine is actually Japanese specs (To know if an S3 is Japanese spec; check out the front license plate frame molded to the bumper).
As you said, the car loses a lot of power in the summer. High temperatures with high humidity make a noticeable -negative- difference.

Thanks. I tried using some foam cleaner and a shaver, it helped a lot, just not with the driver's seat. I think the previous owner did a horrible job trying the clean it which actually ruined it. I will try Raceglaze this time, hope it works.

What a coincidence, mine is Japanese spec too! There are Japanese warning stickers/instructions over the whole car!

I was told installing a methanol kit would help with the summer heat issue.. I may be giving it a go in a month or two when it starts getting hot.

What a coincidence, mine is Japanese spec too! There are Japanese warning stickers/instructions over the whole car!

I was told installing a methanol kit would help with the summer heat issue.. I may be giving it a go in a month or two when it starts getting hot.
Always wanted to change those Japanese stickers for some reason, but it's too much hassle for small benefits.

If you're going with methanol, why not start from now? AEM or DevilsOwn kits seem to work fine. I'd do it if I decide to mod my car.

Always wanted to change those Japanese stickers for some reason, but it's too much hassle for small benefits.

If you're going with methanol, why not start from now? AEM or DevilsOwn kits seem to work fine. I'd do it if I decide to mod my car.

Honestly? Because I haven't made up my mind whether I wanted to spend $600 for a meth kit or if I wanted to save that towards a eliminator turbo to buy next year... I'm sure come summer I'll probably say "Eh" and just install the kit.

Anyway, don't want to go off topic. Welcome to ASN, enjoy your stay and keep us up to date with what you do with your ride!

Best interior, fastest colour ;P

Nice car... but then I am biased LOL

IMAG0687.jpg

IMAG0881.jpg

<tuffty/>

Honestly? Because I haven't made up my mind whether I wanted to spend $600 for a meth kit or if I wanted to save that towards a eliminator turbo to buy next year... I'm sure come summer I'll probably say "Eh" and just install the kit.

Anyway, don't want to go off topic. Welcome to ASN, enjoy your stay and keep us up to date with what you do with your ride!
I always have that kind of dilemma "Should I spend $xxx on this or that?", and I end up spending it somewhere else!
Thanks a lot for the warm welcome bro.

Best interior, fastest colour ;P

Nice car... but then I am biased LOL

<tuffty/>
Man after reading your "minor modding thread" (being very doubtful on what is minor there), I keep telling everyone this color is a special option called fastest color! :racer: :tearsofjoy:
Btw, you and your car are truly inspirational. Keep it up.

Reactions: <tuffty/>