1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is your RS3 getting faster?

Discussion in 'RS3 Forum' started by knobby, Apr 28, 2013.

1. knobby

knobby Member

So mines just clocked over 11,000 miles. I swear recently its feeling noticeably faster.

I'm not sure if its a combination of new tyres, cat bypass pipe (more noise), and warmer weather. Anyone else's feeling faster now with a few miles on the clock?

On another plus note the fuel light always used to come on at about 250-250 miles but just recently I've been getting lots more. Today I filled up, 297 miles with still 30 miles left in the tank.

I love my RS3.. (well apart from the squeaky brakes)
  2. P_G

P_G Member

On the Audi V8's I had the loosening points were at 10k, 25k and 50k miles and they were noticable, I suspect the same of this car TBH. Fuel economy is always in the 300's with my commute so hovering around 29-30mpg execpt when I have a tank in for just hooning around.
  3. dbm

dbm Active Member

As P_G says, your engine should loosen up with usage. When I part-ex'ed my TTS the sales guy commented on how much quicker it felt than the brand-new cars he normally drove: they have tight engines, mine was much freer.
  4. JonnyG

JonnyG Member

Mine's just clocked over 7,500 miles and feels a lot faster now than the first 4000 miles. It also seems to feel better after a long fast drive in manual mode.