1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this VAG screenwash genuine?

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Greig300, Mar 26, 2014.

1. Greig300

Greig300 Member

[Mar 26, 2014]
    Hello, my girlfriend has a brand new VW polo. The Dealership says she must use genuine VAG screenwash for warranty reasons. The dealership is quite far away and thought we'd buy bulk on ebay. Normally we buy genuine stuff at VW at £3.50 a pop - concentrate but this stuff is diluted? Is it genuine? And better/worse?

image.jpg
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2014
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 22, 2014]

3. a6_chris

a6_chris Well-Known Member

[Mar 26, 2014]
    What a load of tosh.
  4. s3mad_dude

s3mad_dude Noggies ruuuule!

[Mar 26, 2014]
    Yeah mate.....they're talking out of their a*ses.

As for the picture - yeah I've been given that stuff in the past when my car had a winter check up. It was left in my car half used so I kept it. Lemon if I remember rightly - smells quite nice.....
  5. Greig300

Greig300 Member

[Mar 26, 2014]
    So it's genuine then? How much are these each normally? We thought the same thing when we first picked up the car about the screenwash it's apparently because she has the winter pack with headlight washers.
  6. s3mad_dude

s3mad_dude Noggies ruuuule!

[Mar 26, 2014]
    I'm sorry, no offence dude, but it's simply not true.....I have headlight washers and since 2005 I have used Halfords screen wash.....never had a problem. If it was so important that you had to use a certain type of fluid there would be warning stickers plastered all over the screen wash cap etc.

But anyway yes that looks like the official VAG one I had.
  7. rupe

rupe A3 TQS

[Mar 26, 2014]
    Some of the normal screen washes crystallize which is fine in normal jets and doesn't usually cause a problem, but it blocks up those jets that mist the screen.Maybe that's what they mean?
  8. Nilz

Nilz Defo worth the wait :)

[Mar 27, 2014]
    See if you can get the one from Lidl, its about 5litres and costs a fiver, its very good and proven to work on VAG cars as well without any issues or any probs of blocking the jets, I have had this and it was brilliant, also when used undiluted it can go down to -60!!

It was great in the winter a couple of years ago when we were hitting serious - temperatures (for the UK anyway).