Is this the B9 final design?

Brennan

Former Audi Driver
Reaction score
So I read from a very good source that the B9 is going to get a familiar face. It's going to get the face of the new TT.

This render looks suspiciously realistic and I quite like it...

9FF5DB02-BD2B-4D85-980B-A704FFC60198_zpsf4ozit0y.jpg

Reactions: voorhees
I'd say the headlights will be bigger and the mirrors smaller but the body spot on

Reactions: Brennan
I appreciate it'll be a much more advance car, but at a glance, it has the look of a B8 with a second facelift. Continuity and evolution are all very well, but there's a limit to how long a company can keep recycling an existing idea, however good it might be.

Reactions: Macdoon
Don't believe anything until the manufacturer releases the information!

Reactions: Bulldog
Voorhees you were right lol

Not sure if I'm keen on these door mounted mirrors that all new Audis seem to be getting.

C9671529-79F2-4C4F-9793-C93FD3F56585_zpspoytltyn.jpg

I'm not all that keen on the front end and agree the mirrors look a bit pants! Prefer the B8 myself.

Thank god I got the black edition plus before its stopped as b9 is awful looking... I'm sure they will be nice in 2 years time lol

As usual Audi designs will grow on me, but at the moment, it's a no from me and I'm glad I ordered a B8.5. I guess in 2-3 years time I'll think it's a beautiful design.

Unsure of TT style front end, the stuck on iPad, the new gear lever and the 1-6 buttons in front of the MMI. Nothing ghastly so that's why I think it'll be a grower.

Interesting they have kept the rings on the grill - unlike the Gen3 TT (and R8)...I thought this was to be the new corporate signature.

I guess I'm OK on the exterior design although I prefer the B8.5. When I bought my B5 just before the B6 came out I was glad because I did not like it at all. It did not grow on me, I still do not like the B6. However I am really not liking the B9 interior design. I guess it would grow on me though. The only thing I like is the 'virtual cockpit', but probably more the idea than the reality. Ultimately I don't like taking my eyes off the road too much so a HUD would be better. What's behind the steering wheel should be just basic info that can be glanced at, especially as the spokes of steering wheel itself are sometimes in the way!

I just read this article:http://www.autoevolution.com/news/2...d-new-engines-video-photo-gallery-97224.html#

I am starting to doubt that the weight loss claim will be as much in reality. The article states that a basic 1.4 TFSI 150PS will be 1320kg. From the 2015 B8.5 spec, a basic 1.8TFSI 170PS is 1430kg. Allowing for the difference in engines surely the real weight loss is going to be less than 100Kg?

For me personally i like that they have put the "p" button on the s tronic. So rather than having to move the stick u can just push the button.
Very similar to a X5 I had.

A negative thou is they have taking the same instrument panel or mmi from the S3 and put it in front of the gear stick. That looks so awkward its you have to constantly fight the gear stick to change the controls. I mean the only option I can foresee i that you meant to rest your arm or wrist on top of the gear stick and then flick the controls hence why the stick is been shrunk.

For me a lot has been copied from the S3/A3 with the LED on the top of the lights the mmi..

Dunno tough one to decide. Maybe it looks better in the flesh.

I do like the twin exhausts out the rear. very dtm style or current a4 3 litre tdi currently.

A day later and it's growing on me, I do like the front. In overalls terms of design they didn't stray too far away from the b8.5, but it is very like the A3 saloon.

I think it looks OK.
It was never going to be a revelation, let be honest, and the A3/S3 gave us the design ID.
Will be interesting to see what the S and RS models look like in due course, but again the S3 and RS3 probably give us a good idea.
Not sold on the pop up centre display, never been a fan, but would have to see how it looks/feels/operates in the flesh before writing it off.
Either way, it will be at least 3 years before I would be in a position to consider it.
I think the new Alpha saloon (Julia or whatever it is called) looks nice though :whistle2:

Quite a good comparison of the 3 series against the new A4 on BMWBlog...I think the 3 series is winning looks wise at the moment....

//dons tin hat

A negative thou is they have taking the same instrument panel or mmi from the S3 and put it in front of the gear stick. That looks so awkward its you have to constantly fight the gear stick to change the controls. I mean the only option I can foresee i that you meant to rest your arm or wrist on top of the gear stick and then flick the controls hence why the stick is been shrunk.
I think you make a really good point there. In fact in an s-tronic the shifter isn't really needed as such - could be buttons or a 'knob' as in the Jaguars. I can really imagine using the MMI controls a pain in the B9. The only thing I do prefer is that the cupholders have been moved. If I have a bottle of water in mine it is a bit irritating that its beside my wrist when using the MMI controls. But indeed the B9 looks like Audi have made it worse.

Loving the hype of the 'new'
A4 B9. Saw a new A3 saloon outside the beer garden today and it looks identical to what Audi are releasing in November. Looks in this case aren't important!... The B9 needs some development. On launch it will be over priced and no where near the spec you can get on a 2015 B8.5 model.! That's my rant anyway