Is this right

mac1403

Reaction score
Just had the discs and pads changed on the front last week at dealers. Had to take the wheel off today as my wife managed to whack the wheel on the curb and f**k the tyre. When I took the wheel off the first thing i noticed was the disc doesn't have the screw fitted (the one at the 10 O'clock pos in the pic) I guess it made me a bit paranoid so now i got it in my head the spring doesn't look right either. Does anyone know if its right ...here's a pic
IMG_1577.jpg

Spring looks fine mate.

Dont worry about the screw its just to stop the disc spinning on the hub but its fine when the wheel is fitted as bolts will go through it anyway.

Cheers.

Yes that looks ok to me. Changed the discs on my 1.8t a few months, had the parts man looking for the retaining screws for ages. Gave up in the end ony to find there was nowhere for them to go anyway. Don't really undertand the thinking on this ? is it something to do with preventing the disc from warping ?

The one and only purpose that the retaining screws serve is to locate the disc in order to make fitting of the road wheels easier... the disc is actually located by the wheel nuts at the end of the day anyway...