Is this normal s-line height? :/

Well the best fix is fitting eibach pro springs that improve the ride over standard s-line springs and retain the s-line ride hight and lower 30mm all round from standard ride hight or you can fit the eibach sportline which lower 35mm/40mm rear and 45mm/50mm front to give a stanced look and help with rear rake.
The car has had a lot of work done on it, wonder if your on coilovers??? when lowereing the coilovers you bring the coil to the ground when lowering and tighten to the car when making the car higher and maybe the last owner didn't know that and made the car higher.

I think it may be H&R 35mm is the lowest I can go because it's Quattro, it's gonna be better either way so I think that's my option! I've got every single receipt that the last owner has had done it, he had it for 4 years! And it's 100% not on coilovers as I would have seen, I'm gonna go through all the papers that I have from the works it's had done, the previous owners seem to have been really good with keeping all the paper work

Oh sorry I get you now mate, the car was fully standard when I bought it and the guy I had it off didn't know anything about cars and paid through his back teeth for work to be done to it, He took care of it though!

Woohh leave my wheels out of it! They would look much better if the arch was nearer to them! Yes it is an sline

LOL, no offence on the wheels, I just like OEM BBS or Ronals, they are superior in every way to some of the crap they churn out these days, and some of those wheels can blow out at 70/80mph and cause serious accidents. Might be on sport springs as the s-line springs can be a bit harsh.

No it's fine mate I know there not to everyone's taste, there not a stupidly cheap aftermarket wheel, they have been refurbed to be a polished face and black inside the spokes, I really loved them as soon as I saw them, I do understand the OEM style though, just always want something a little different

I find the suspension pretty soft, but I'm comparing it against a ZS fiesta I used to have and that was harsh, I need to get springs as soon as to avoid these tractor comments

Sayam your right I don't want it a ball ache to drive because I do have people in my car frequently and I live in a house surrounded by speed bumps so it would be an issue, my main worry is buying springs and fitting them and not loving the height and regretting not getting coilies!

In that case the Eibach Pro-Kit springs will retain the reverse rake (front sits higher than rear) which although is only very slight it is enough to trip my OCD lol.

Some people have suggested using TT rear spring rubbers you can cure the problem because the TT rubbers are taller than the ones in our A3. I'm gonna have a look into this just haven't had the chance.

Ideally you'd go with Eibach Sportline springs since they correct the reverse rake, however, if you're regularly carrying passengers etc then I'd advise against them purely because of how low your car will be overall which isn't going to make speed bumps at 5MPH any fun...

Also, don't forget that generally speaking a set of coilovers will always be stiffer than a set of springs matched with dampers :)

Reactions: Donny_DJ
I think this may be the option then, I will read into them a little more, I read that the H&R have a progressive Spring rate throughout the coil and eibach doesn't, I don't have a clue if this would make either Spring better! I would like the rake to be perfect, I will have to trawl through the forum, I can't be opening another "lowering thread" this is my reason I don't want coilovers as I still want ride comfort and I do have people in my car often, and me and the missus like to drive to Scotland in the summer and Wales throughout the year so it needs to be good for the twisty bends but also good for the bumps! Happy medium with springs I say

I think this may be the option then, I will read into them a little more, I read that the H&R have a progressive Spring rate throughout the coil and eibach doesn't, I don't have a clue if this would make either Spring better! I would like the rake to be perfect, I will have to trawl through the forum, I can't be opening another "lowering thread" this is my reason I don't want coilovers as I still want ride comfort and I do have people in my car often, and me and the missus like to drive to Scotland in the summer and Wales throughout the year so it needs to be good for the twisty bends but also good for the bumps! Happy medium with springs I say
Got to be eibach springs then, its the eibach that are progresive not H+R, and from the other post it does sound as yours has had standard springs fitted to solve that very issue but caused the high-line not s-line look., honestly though if you want a ride like your old fiesta then you will get that with the H+R, ive researched it loads as its my next upgrade, I want to retain the s-line oem look but improve ride and handling, and I dont want any scrubbing so I`m going eibach pro, the sportline are a bit too low, and the eibach pro really works well with the oem s-line dampers and only drop another 5mm from the s-line height. The sportline lower the front by 25/30mm front and 15/20mm on the rear from the s-line hight so you have a stanced look.

I may go for the sportline then you know, I want it lowish and I don't mind it being a little harder over bumps really just didn't want the solid neck breaker bumps like what you get with coilies, I think a 35mm drop over what I have now will be perfect, 15mm lower than sline, and eibach aren't that badly prised really, cheers for the info mate, my car just currently roll around corners not once have I had a good corner in the car.... Which is why I slightly miss the short steering and how nimble the fiesta was :/ I knew this when I bought an a3 though... Great in straight lines

The sportline lower the front by 25/30mm front and 15/20mm on the rear from the s-line hight so you have a stanced look.

Not necessarily, this in fact makes the car sit level because it corrects the reverse rake in the OEM setup.

@Cambaines I'd deffo go Eibach, they're more comfortable than H&R which are stiffer regardless of which model of spring you go for. The Eibach Pro-kit will work with OEM dampers too until you decide what you're gonna do with them :)

With Sportline plus family plus luggage your car will be really low...

£170 from dpm for the 30mm pro, these are the ones I would have to get, they don't make a sportline for the Quattro, it's the best I can do with springs really! And these will be okay with standard dampers? That would also make my life much easier! I luckily don't have family weight to add to the car just yet! But plenty of luggage when the missus packs... You all know the drill

£170 from dpm for the 30mm pro, these are the ones I would have to get, they don't make a sportline for the Quattro, it's the best I can do with springs really! And these will be okay with standard dampers? That would also make my life much easier! I luckily don't have family weight to add to the car just yet! But plenty of luggage when the missus packs... You all know the drill
As long as your standard dampers are fine they will be ok, spoke to DPM about this a while ago.

Yeah man standard dampers will be fine. They will fail when they naturally would have and at that point I'd look to upgrade...until then it's all good :)

Love it.... Cheers for your help with the decision making haha, there's only so much you can read!

Reactions: Chrisk1993 and audismart
Just a quick update for all of you that helped, I dug out all the papers the previous owner had, he had the car for 4 years and kept everything that had been done to it! Very thank full of this.... He had one Spring Fitted as it broke and then had the other side fitted 110miles later? I'm thinking the garage messed up and he's gone back saying one sides a different height.... Then the the garage blagged it saying the other needed replacing.... I may be wrong but that's my verdict! They would have known of the other side was on the way out as you would check when fitting

Just a quick update for all of you that helped, I dug out all the papers the previous owner had, he had the car for 4 years and kept everything that had been done to it! Very thank full of this.... He had one Spring Fitted as it broke and then had the other side fitted 110miles later? I'm thinking the garage messed up and he's gone back saying one sides a different height.... Then the the garage blagged it saying the other needed replacing.... I may be wrong but that's my verdict! They would have known of the other side was on the way out as you would check when fitting

And if they ordered from somewhere other than Audi or TPS they will have received SE springs...hence the height....

Yep, wasn't an Audi garage, looks like a good garage with the amount of detailed receipts they give, eibach here I come!

Reactions: Sayam
That's where I shall be getting mine from mate... Maybe in April tho, I'm going to Amsterdam and Portugal next month! And I will be getting pros for mine too as it's Quattro and I don't have a choice but it's the most sensible option for me too, make sure you get some pics up!

Good man, get some rim to arch measurements too, would be interesting to see how they sit when installed and after a couple of weeks