1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this an iPod dock in my glove box?

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by .Jas., Oct 20, 2012.

1. .Jas.

.Jas. Member

I found this iPod? dock in my glove box.

I tried it with my iphone4 and it didn't do anything. Anyone any ideas what it might be compatible with?

Cheers

Attached Files:

2. JamS3

JamS3 Active Member

Looks aftermarket to me whatever it is!
  3. craig_TDI

craig_TDI Member

Defo aftermarket, but like you said it does look like an iPhone/iPod dock.. Have you followed the cable back to see if its plumbed in?
  4. Craig Cull

Craig Cull Well-Known Member

Do you have the Bose set up? Does it say anything on the fine when you plug it in? Light up etc? Mite be difficult to see.
  5. bez101

bez101 Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

never seen 1 before like that but looks ipod ish
    id have the box out and trace the wire
    plug 1 in and press the CD button on the radio twice.
  6. Gazthesparky

Gazthesparky Member

Looks like a Denison iPod aftermarket unit to me. I had one in my ford fiesta a few years ago before I upgraded to an Audi. Mine had the exact cradle and the unit was connected in via a FM modulator. It then tuned into a free radio frequency. If I can remember it was something like 88ish FM don't quote me on it. The way to tell is to plug the iPod in and play a song and just scan the fm radio channels and it will hopefully pick up the right frequency.

This is just a suggestion I carn't tell what the connection is but as stated earlier if you follow the wiring you can tell how it's wired up.if it is an fm modulator then it will be connected to the car arial

If it is a FM modulator there are far superior ways of attaching an iPod to the head unit.
  7. .Jas.

.Jas. Member

Cheers guys.

When I plug in the iphone the head unit starts to beep intermittently, and keeps beeping. I can't get it to play using any functions on the stereo. I have the Bose setup.
    I need to find where the wires go, but it's a tidy install and they appear to tuck straight up the mounting bracket out of the top of the glove box.

I will give the FM a go later, but due to the stereo beeping I guess it's plumbed in somewhere. I reckon it's for older i-devices.
  8. NHN

NHN Modmetractor

Thats an older dension ipod interface, had 1 in my S3 years ago.