1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this a scam?

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by MrModo, Feb 25, 2004.

1. MrModo

MrModo New Member

[Feb 25, 2004]
    Hi

I had my car for sale on ebay. i had an email from someone saying they'd have it and to call them

It turned out to be an Audi dealer. We agreed on a price and they would come down and give me a cheque for it and take it away!

The name he gave and phone number check out to be Audi Dealer he says he's from.

Am I safe accepting a cheque from Audi???
  2. Ads

Ads

[Nov 27, 2014]

3. jimboA3

jimboA3 Member

[Feb 25, 2004]
    i would say so , just ask them for a company cheque which is as good as cash anyway, take that to the bank , pay it in , check its cleared and then take the v5 back and sign it over.
  4. Leddy

Leddy Member

[Feb 25, 2004]
    It would be unusual for a dealer to be trawling ebay for stock. Far from impossible, but unlikely.

Standard ebay etiquette when dealing with personal cheques is to hand over the goods when funds clear. Do this if you have any suspicions and you are covered.

5. tomsinclair

tomsinclair Member

[Feb 25, 2004]
    I would be suspicious of them not coming with a bankers draft as it is an easy thing for them to arrange so be very wary. So what if they want to see the car first a bankers draft should be no big deal for them.