1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there space for an inverter to plug into the cigaretter lighter?

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Adamantium, Sep 12, 2011.

1. Adamantium

Adamantium Member

Hi all,

Just bought a netbook for running vcds ad just wanted to know if there is enough room to plug a cigarette lighter to 240 inverter in?

I am asking you lot because I haven't ever even sat in an A3 yet. I don't pick it up until wednesday.

The type I am looking at is any shown in this ebay link:

car inverter | eBay

I only ask as some cars have hardware in the way that stops you plugging in large moulded adapters.

Thanks in advance.

Adam
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2011
  2. legin

legin Member

Adam, Not related but are you of slk/gtr fame as I have just dumped my 55 and have gone back so an s3 getting it on sat. I run my vcds off the notebook battery so is yours no good ?
  3. Sheikh

Sheikh Member

should be fine mate
  4. RobinA3

RobinA3 Active Member

Yes there is room for the inverter but i wouldn't use one of those cheapy ones!
  5. Adamantium

Adamantium Member

Legin,

Nice to see a familiar face!!!

Yes it's me. I'm starting my retrofit crusades again. Am trying to convince our man Driggers to come over to the dark side so we can explore the realm of previously considered impossible retrofits!

It's an uphill battle right now.

Bought a GTR, kept the SLK, sold the GTR returned to the SLK, bought a second GTR, sold the SLK, bought a third GTR (new model) sold the second one. Am now on to this audi to relieve the GTR of winter and everyday duties. I am in retrofit heaven.

I have just bought a new notebook, I suspect it will be fine for the total amount of coding I will need to be doing.
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2011
  6. legin

legin Member

Of course it had to be you and I dont think these guys are ready for whats coming ! Driggers has got half the bits off my slk between here and the US ! In my experience with VCDS its really v good with lots of knowledgeable folk around and your notebook should eat it btw. So Im going to hold off until you figure out the best way for me to hook up a usb/ipod i/f with a symphony :music: . Not going the rnse this time due to the bad theft rep ,what a pita.
    Im back in a manual as 3 yrs finally got me but miss the V8 for sure.
  7. Adamantium

Adamantium Member

Never had a v8 but the 530bhp of the nissan v6 isnt disappointing! It was the proper twin clutch that I couldn't resist.

My a3 is also a manual, or a keas it will be when I pick it up.

I've gone rnse as I refuse to be deterred by thieves.

I showed Driggers this thread and have found a chink in his armour, so he is willing to consider an a3 if I can present it as an attractive proposition.

Things the Audi people seem on here seem to be doing a great job already, not sure if I can actually add anything. I might jus enjoy following where others have lead.

VCDS seems to have all the coding open to anyone who wants to okay, so these less incentive for John.

I might get him to make his brake module for the Audi though.