Is there any A3 8P models that have non-PD engines, please?

buel

Reaction score
Hi all,

I currently have a 2001 1.9 TDI 110 SE which has an AHF engine (I think). I run it on 50/50 Diesel/Veg oil and have done for over a year and it runs fine. However, I would really like an 8P model but am not sure if there is such a thing as an 8P model that have the non-PD engines?
Please could someone answer this for me?

Thank you all.

Well, reading the post, I'd say they made 8p PD engines until 2008? That's 5 years...

Mine's a 2005 PD.

Pretty sure the CR (non PD) engine started with the newer facelift model (with the elephant ears for wing mirrors).

Think these started second half of 2008, so from 58-plate onwards.

As said they stopped using PD engines when they started to use CR around 2008!!

What mods have you made to use veg oil on your current engine? Take it your running single tank if mixing veg & derv?

I run my nissan vanette cargo on up to 100% veg (down to 50/50 in winter months just for better starting but it will run more veg)

Current setup is installed a cheap clear inline filter to see any crud (run waste veg oil) into Biotuning plate heat exchanger, into original fuel filter (heated from exchanger) then into the fuel pump. Had to rebuild fuel pump as seals shrunk (Bosch VE) and stripped down, cleaned and rebuilt injectors just so I know they are good!

Think you'll be hard pushed to find an 8P without either a PD or CR engine suitable for running veg oil. Some can be run with heat exchangers and twin tanking with fuel swop over once everything up to temperature, but not sure if all the sensors and ECU will like it much?!

As said they stopped using PD engines when they started to use CR around 2008!!

What mods have you made to use veg oil on your current engine? Take it your running single tank if mixing veg & derv?

I run my nissan vanette cargo on up to 100% veg (down to 50/50 in winter months just for better starting but it will run more veg)

Current setup is installed a cheap clear inline filter to see any crud (run waste veg oil) into Biotuning plate heat exchanger, into original fuel filter (heated from exchanger) then into the fuel pump. Had to rebuild fuel pump as seals shrunk (Bosch VE) and stripped down, cleaned and rebuilt injectors just so I know they are good!

Think you'll be hard pushed to find an 8P without either a PD or CR engine suitable for running veg oil. Some can be run with heat exchangers and twin tanking with fuel swop over once everything up to temperature, but not sure if all the sensors and ECU will like it much?!

Thanks for the posts, fellas.
Boon- Yes, you are right, I run single tank with no mods and she runs just fine on 50/50 in the summer and down to 80/20 in the winter months. Being as my journeys are mostly 5-6 miles I guess a twin tank wouldn't be much use to me as I'd have to wait for it to get up to temperature before switching. Damn it.