1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there an Ipod connection on the 2006 Audi A4?

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by Camus, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Camus

Camus New Member

Hi guys,

first post - I've just bought a 2006 Audi A4 2.0T FSI S line Special Edition.

What a motor!

I could fill the rest of this post with how impressive a car it is, but one thing I am trying to do is connect an ipod to the sound system.
    Its a Audi Syphony 6 CD changer.

In my previous car there was an ipod connection in the glove box but I can't find such a connection in this car. There is nothing in the glove box other than some small empty holes at the back. Does this mean the whole radio/cd unit needs to be removed and an after-sales ipod convertor/connector added?

I'd be interested to hear from anyone with the same car and if there is a ipod connection somewhere hidden?

Cheers

Camus.
  2. Sandra

Sandra MODERATOR Staff Member Moderator

​Hi, welcome to ASN. Any pics of the car? Hope you enjoy the forum. :) x
  3. Camus

Camus New Member

Hi Sandra,

I will upload some tonight - at work now.

Thanks

Camus
  4. Camus

Camus New Member

5. Sandra

Sandra MODERATOR Staff Member Moderator

Hi Camus, nice car, good spec as well. Thanks for sharing with us. :) x
  6. phil_w

phil_w Member

If there was one fitted it would be in the glovebox. So looks like you'll need to fit one - either genuine Audi or 3rd party - Dension, X-carlink, Connects2 to name a few - All work in a similar fashion - pretend to be a CD-changer by plugging into the CD-changer port on rear of stereo...

Enjoy the car
  7. Camus

Camus New Member

Thanks Phil - thought as much, and I am enjoying the car immensly!
  8. PetrolDave

PetrolDave Active Member

And don't display album or track names, and reduce your iPod to 6 virtual CDs (the first 5 playlists, plus all files).
  9. Custardsucker

Custardsucker Member

Nice looking car, with good spec. Just one thing though, looking at the photos and its not that clear, but I thought that the Special Edition came with cross drilled front discs, these appear to be solid?
  10. Stringster

Stringster Missed gear

If it's a concert 2+ you can easily add an aux-in, code and run a cable around to the centre arm rest.
  11. StateOfPlay

StateOfPlay Active Member

I got a parrot handsfree kit fitted with Ipod capability and it uses the BOSE sound system so ****ing well! It is ****ing awesome!
  12. rizzini7

rizzini7 Active Member

Also got parrot hands free installed on mine Does youre ipod connection just plug in the back of the HU still??? as i want to add one to mine. Mines the 6 disc Double din headunit
  13. Camus

Camus New Member

Haven't a clue what 'crossed drilled front discs' look like, are you suggesting it's not an SE? It has all the other SE stuff as far as I can tell.
  14. Custardsucker

Custardsucker Member

Cross drilled have small holes through the disc as you look at it from the side, should be easily visible through the wheels.The holes help get rid of the gas that is produced under heavy braking that produce brake fade. NO, not suggesting it's not a Special Edition just may have had new discs at some time, just not the correct ones.

One thing don't get confused by an S line Special Edition and an SE as they are two different models.
  15. Stringster

Stringster Missed gear

I thought the special edition was de-chromed and had different wheels - or is that the v2 and this is the v1?
  16. phil_w

phil_w Member

Yep I think that was a bit later on maybe 57 plate and above. Maybe.
  17. be@st

be@st Member

You should have a generation 2+ head unit, your best option is a Dension Gateway 300 GW33AC1. This allows you to navigate your ipod using the DIS display, MFSW and does show track name etc.

Put GW33AC1 into Google and see the first youtube video.
  18. wattsy

wattsy Member

looks like an s line se v1. the v2 were the ones with back grill and de chrome ect. can I quickly ask, being cheeky what you gave for it.. know it was up for that. I have the tdi 170 one and thinking of changing mine.
  19. Camus

Camus New Member

I traded in a Ford Mondeo ST TDCi and added £5,250. Been driving it non stop since Monday - its faultless. Well - apart from the fuel consumption: Im averaging 26mpg (was getting 40 mpg in the diesel Mondeo). The combined mpg is supposed to be 35, I have been mainly urban driving but am off to the lakes for a few days so will see if the steady motorway miles increase the mpg. But I guess I knew when I bought a 2.0T 220 bhp car it wasn't about the fuel economy! :cool:
  20. Custardsucker

Custardsucker Member

Fuel consumption figures are not as good as Audi quote. I tend to average around 30mpg and a range of 420 miles from a tank full, however this is from a Quattro so would think you should see about a 10% improvement on that from a 2WD.
    Major service items (plugs, filters) are at 60k though have read better to change at 40k, also cambelt requires changing at 5yrs or 80k whichever comes first and not 8yrs, 115k as stated in service booklet, this was revised by Audi within the last few years.
  21. PetrolDave

PetrolDave Active Member

It depends on when his 2006 model was built - early 2006 MY cars have Series II radios but later 2006 MY cars can have the Series II+ radios (even some early 2007 MY cars have Series II radios, my 2007 MY RS4 which was built in June 2006 came with a Symphony II and not a Symphony II+).