Is there a difference between Bilberry alloy cleaners?

personally I'd go with the second link you posted....that is the proper valetpro branding.

5L with last you a hell of a long time, smells incredible too :yahoo:

personally I'd go with the second link you posted....that is the proper valetpro branding.

5L with last you a hell of a long time, smells incredible too :yahoo:
I though that too. Thanks.

I was considering getting a smaller bottle but it’s about £10 for 1 litre, may as well spend £24 and get 5 litres. :D

Reactions: AlexA4Avant
I bought the one you have in the second link a short time back, it's the real McCoy. :yes:

JG

Reactions: MattSedg
Ah ok. Good to know.

Could I ask. Is this stuff ok to use on the rotor alloys?
going by the smell alone, its possibly the safest wheel cleaner there is! In comparison to the adams wheel cleaner i use....that stuff stanks

Reactions: RS5 JON and A4AvantBlackEdition
I use a cheap brush bought from Asda, no need to get anything more than a couple of quid IMO.

JG
Thanks!

Was looking at cheap scrubbing brushes but wondered if there was something special.

I’m brand new to detailing so sorry if I sound like a bit of a plonker.

Reactions: RS5 JON
Thanks!

Was looking at cheap scrubbing brushes but wondered if there was something special.

I’m brand new to detailing so sorry if I sound like a bit of a plonker.

Suggest you get a different brush for the wheels, there's plenty on ebay etc. I wouldn't use the same brush as I use for my tyres, it's a bit to harsh.

We were all new to detailing, and richer, at one time, I'm no pro either.

It is addictive though. :yes:

JG

Reactions: MattSedg
Suggest you get a different brush for the wheels, there's plenty on ebay etc. I wouldn't use the same brush as I use for my tyres, it's a bit to harsh.

We were all new to detailing, and richer, at one time, I'm no pro either.

It is addictive though. :yes:

JG
Thanks!! Yeah, I’ve spent a small fortune so far.

I’ve alreasy got some wheel detailing brushes for the wheels, just need a scrubber for the tyres. I’m quite rural and the school run alone provides enough tractor produces mud on my tyres to last a life time.

I’ve alreasy got some wheel detailing brushes for the wheels, just need a scrubber for the tyres. I’m quite rural and the school run alone provides enough tractor produces mud on my tyres to last a life time.

Yeh, it's an expensive game, but worthwhile when the finished product looks good.
I'm not in a rural area, and I still get plenty of crap on my wheels and the car as a whole, time of the year I suppose. :cold:

Let us know what you think of the wheel cleaner after you've used it, I don't think you'll find a better one at the price.

JG

Yeh, it's an expensive game, but worthwhile when the finished product looks good.
I'm not in a rural area, and I still get plenty of **** on my wheels and the car as a whole, time of the year I suppose. :cold:

Let us know what you think of the wheel cleaner after you've used it, I don't think you'll find a better one at the price.

JG
I will. And thanks for the advice.

I’m looking forward to giving it a thorough going over. I’ll take some pics.

Reactions: RS5 JON
Reactions: S32B and RS5 JON
Thanks! Appreciate the recommendation.

But I can get 5 of these (one for each tyre) for the same price. :tearsofjoy:

http://www.wilko.com/brooms+dusters/wilko-tough-scrubbing-brush-assorted/invt/0191511
It's your call but having scratched all 4 alloy wheels on my B7 A4 a good quality brush is cheaper than 4 x alloy wheel refurbishment. I learned my lesson the hard way. Bought the medium one of these:

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/gyeon-q2m-wheelbrush-cat4.html

However that said I rarely use it. I find it better to clean my wheels thoroughly and then protect them. That way they only need a pressure wash and normal car shampoo to clean them. I have a cheap, microfibre noodle mitt that's for use on the wheels only. The best protection they ever had was when they had Carpro DLUX on them. At the moment I'm just using a quick spritz of Gyeon Cure diluted 1:1 with water to keep on top of them.

Reactions: A4AvantBlackEdition and DrEskimo
It's your call but having scratched all 4 alloy wheels on my B7 A4 a good quality brush is cheaper than 4 x alloy wheel refurbishment. I learned my lesson the hard way. Bought the medium one of these:

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/gyeon-q2m-wheelbrush-cat4.html

However that said I rarely use it. I find it better to clean my wheels thoroughly and then protect them. That way they only need a pressure wash and normal car shampoo to clean them. I have a cheap, microfibre noodle mitt that's for use on the wheels only. The best protection they ever had was when they had Carpro DLUX on them. At the moment I'm just using a quick spritz of Gyeon Cure diluted 1:1 with water to keep on top of them.
Thanks for the advice. I’ll look into it. The brush is only for the tyres. I plan on being careful and not letting it touch the rims.

Last edited:
Reactions: scotty76
Thanks for the advice. I’ll look into it. The brush is only for the tyres. I plan on being careful and not letting it touch the rims.
Doh, sorry missed that. It's been a long week. :) I did wonder why you were asking if Bilberry was safe for rotors and then you were talking about scrubbing brushes!! :D Apologies.

I use a paint brush for the tyres! I spray them with the bilberry at the same time I do the alloys and find that works well enough.

For the alloys I use an expensive brush, just rinse in hot water when done and hang to dry = back to original shape :) http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/wheels-and-tyres/ez-detail-brush/prod_480.html

I use a paint brush for the tyres! I spray them with the bilberry at the same time I do the alloys and find that works well enough.

For the alloys I use an expensive brush, just rinse in hot water when done and hang to dry = back to original shape :) http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/wheels-and-tyres/ez-detail-brush/prod_480.html

I’ve got a nail brush for the tyres and plan on using bilberry for the tyres too while doing the wheels.

I’m thinking of a micro fibre brush for the alloys themselves. Or just a wash mitt. The gaps in the rotors look big enough for my hands.