Is there a better phone out there than the Iphone 4S?

Think I will sleep on it. I wish you could test drive a phone for a week before committing to a 24 month contract.

Think I will sleep on it. I wish you could test drive a phone for a week before committing to a 24 month contract.

You can, read up on the consumer credit directive. You can return the phone for a full refund within 14 days. :whistle2:

And on a slight side which has annoyed me...

Warren, if you are trying to insinuate that I was "shouting" this argument down because I "lack deep rooted emotional intelligence or a depth of life experiences" then feel free to poke your nose through my previous posts, because I spend at least 83% of my day answering ridiculous questions from people who can't be bothered to use the search feature and generally being a big contributor (in my eyes) to the knowledge base in the 8L section. Which tedious as it gets I quite enjoy helping people out and sharing my experience and intelligence. :salute:

Mate, I'm a mod, I spend my days reading endless drivel on here in pretty much every section!

Sometimes I drop statements like this into threads as an awareness mechanism to nudge people who clearly know better. I'll be honest, I don't know you from Adam, so I'll only be able to build a picture of you from the posts I read that you submit, but to me you sounded overtly angry, and i get tired of the predictable and sometimes childish deterioration of responses in these kind of threads. It wasn't aimed at you personally, it's aimed at anyone thinking of turning it into a 'battle' thread. More than happy with people agreeing to disagree, but this was a frustrated mod coming in with a sledgehammer to crack a nut before it inevitably got out of hand (as these threads always do). Nothing personal.

Cooling off period? Wicked, never thought of that. So if I upgrade a contract and a new Iphone, I can return the phone within 14 days and get a full refund and get to keep my number to get another phone?

And that's just the stuff that Jase posts...:moa:

Meh', as long as you know I know better it's all good :kiss:

Jase & I are kindred spirits! He's just been in the game longer!

I know you're alright really!

My work BlackBerry lives in an Otterbox, and short of being stupid I'd say it's pretty much unbreakable. If you can live with the bulk of it then I'd say go for it. It's too 'much' for my personal phone though.

I'm surprised BlackBerry's haven't seen more of a mention, it seems to be fashionable to knock them these days, but I guess it all depends what you want of a phone. A BB is a communication tool rather than a media toy, I have a new touchscreen Bold 990 principally because I prefer a physical keyboard to a touchscreen one. I do a lot of typing on it and this is unbeatable. It has all the apps I'm ever going to need and a quick and adaptable OS, the only trade off being the reduced screen size, but the 9900 screen is far from tiny, and a worthwhile trade off for the keyboard for me.

i just got my new BB 9900 and im just setting it up right now. its actually a nice piece of kit compared to my old bb and others that i have used, that being said i wouldnt use it as my main phone. it just doesnt tick all the boxes for me. plus its lack of apps for it just let it down. its a good business phone and communication tool with the bbm!

I love how you all bring in the phone camera into the argument, if you want awsome shots from a camera go get a DSLR. Everyone knows phone cameras are ****e whether they record in 1080P or not.

Quick summary from me about iphone:

*Iphone is crap for phone calls
*You get ripped off by the apps (appart from the tom tom satnav, thats really good, could save your license too!)
*The iPod feature is stupidly good
*Iphone is the easiest to use out there
*You hardly ever hear an iphone owner complain about them

Wait till the 5 comes out and you'll be laughing. 4S, is a big waste of money.

one of the main reasons i fell for the iPhone was that there is literally "an app for that!" i mean nearly anything you think of there is an app for! i got tired of seeing signs with download this app onto your iphone and not having the damned phone so i wasnt able to download it. now that i have it its wicked!
as for the ripped off part i have the phone jailbroken with some "tweaks" that allows me to get all apps for free including in-app purchases :ninja:

why do you say that its crap for phone calls?

why do you say that its crap for phone calls?

I went from a Nokia N95 8GB(The last good phone Nokia made, and one of 5 Nokia's I've had in a row!) to an iphone4, it's just painstakingly annoying to make a call with an iphone. You need to press the home button to activate screen, swipe the screen, then input a passcode before you can even get to the make a call function. Nokia N95 was push the screen upwards and press the dial button to list your last calls, I could do it blindfolded!

Cooling off period? Wicked, never thought of that. So if I upgrade a contract and a new Iphone, I can return the phone within 14 days and get a full refund and get to keep my number to get another phone?

yep and you get this on any phone you get on an upgrade, my mum once done this 3 times until she found the phone she wanted!

Reactions: StateOfPlay

Check with the service provider, but I was offered this option with 02 when I took out my new contract with a £25 repackaging and remarketing fee on the phone if it was returned. I sell cars all day and am regulated by the FSA, I have to do monthly FSA assessments to make sure my knowledge is up to date, I'm 99% sure that with any financial contract or personal plan there is a 14 day minimum "cooling off" period with any goods or services sold however there may be reasonable fees incurred. But the fees MUST be openly disclosed before contracts are signed. It's certainly the case with cars though, only the other week we had a guy buy an S-Max, drive it to Scotland on holiday and then return it ten days later and not have to pay a penny!

Choices, choices.

001-2.jpg

My iphone4 with Vodafone had a 14 day return, infact I seem to remember being told this on every contract iv had. I'm fairly sure they have to offer you a cooling off period as part of your consumer rights