Is my TDI a little heavy on juice?

Irish

Reaction score
Just a simple question really for existing 2.0TDI owners - how much did the consumption relax by when the engine got to about 1K on the clock?

Reason I ask is this, the odd, odd time I would see 29MPG on the computer and it generally around town with average driving sits at about 33-36MPG. Now the tank gets more than that - the range this week said 450 when I filled it and I reckon last tank I got about 410 out of the tank.

I reset the tripometer when I fill up but it was erased by accident last time so I'm waiting to see how much fuel it uses.

Anyone else had the same problem at the start?

Mine's averaged 47mpg over it's 6k of life. I find it's a bit temperamental - sometimes I can do close to 55 on a 10 mile run to the shops, other times low forties. I think the 2.0 TDI will take a LOT of time to loosen up and give the proper mpg it really can.

During the Easter weekend I drove back home the 125 miles (motorway all the way) with my parents in tow in their 1.9 TDI 130 Audi A4 (30,000 miles on the clock). We did close to the same speeds and acceleration throughout (betweem 50 and 90 mph). I got 48mpg out of mine, they got 55 mpg! I hope mine gets that good!

BTW, these are the real (as dammit) mpg figures: my DIS understates by 1 mpg, their car overstates by 2 mpg.