Is my central locking pump faulty?

mark_sarah

Limp mode!
Reaction score
Recently my central locking just stopped working! I found the pump and disconnected the pipes, i activated the central locking and you can hear it doing something, but cannot feel any pressure/vacuum. Should i be able to feel on my finger tip some kind of pressure or vacuum???

Do a search on this mate as there's loads of stuff on it. My guess would be that the internal parts have broken as this is a common fault. You can get the replacement parts off ebay in a kit to fix the pump or if you can be bothered with that you can purchase a reconditioned pump and swap the whole unit.

Yes my pump has had it! Replaced the parts that were broken in my original, as could not find one with the same part number. Job done..

As Bryzan A4 says, but if it's anything like mine you will not see it at a glance! Mine was tie wrapped in a queb of sponge.

my a3 has same problem,lots of noise from pump in boot but not much opening going on the key fob.....these pumps arnt cheep new,40quid for refurb kit.is it a easy d.i.y???.also if i turn my key once to unlock n once again the windows come down? is this a audi "thing"??? or part of my alarm lol..

Dismantling the pump is an easy DIY job, don't know about the window thing!!!!!

Yes holding the key in the unlock position in the door opens the windows on all Audi's, same as holding the unlock button down on the fob. Useful on those long hot summers we used to have.