is my car misfiring?

drewbee

Reaction score
When i start up, the engine management light comes on for a bit and goes away, and ive noticed that when at idle, the car shakes/vibrates - not a lot, enough to notice.

oh and the battery died mysterously yesterday.

cheers

Last edited:
When i start up, the engine management light comes on for a bit and goes away, and ive noticed that when at idle, the car shakes/vibrates - not a lot, enough to notice.

cheers

I have that happen when the cars idling for a bit, sometimes the management light comes on. But then when I drive off it stops

cheers

Most obviously it could be a known issue with the spark plugs on early 3.0s (need to be changed every 10k miles), but I had an issue with the fuel injection (somewhere round 25k), a sensor failure (40k) and a hairline split in one of the air intake pipes. (42k)

If more detail would be useful, email me at my username at gmail.com and I'll look through my old papers to see what I can find.