1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is my car jinxed?????

nwhiteley Aug 11, 2006

1. nwhiteley

nwhiteley Member

Last week, i had my car broken in too, and everything was taken from the glove box.
    Now this.... over the last few days, my S3 seems to getting a lot slower, but
    sometimes it would be fine. So firstly i disconnected the MAF and took it for a spin. This improved matters slightly, and after reconnecting it, the car seemed to be back to normal some how. Great i thought, but this morning, the car was again very sluggish. At lunch i purchased a new MAF, and after fitting it, all seemed well again. BUT tonight on my way home from work, it has again gone very sluggish. Does anyone have a suggestion as to what could be causing this problem? Please?

ps. the car is re-remapped and a new Audi re-circ dv was fitted

2. campbell

campbell Member

what remap have you got on it? they advise you to fit a uprated DV valve like a forge when its remapped, i have a forge on mine and sounds sweet!

3. nwhiteley

nwhiteley Member

its a chipped uk remapp
    they didnt advise that i change the dv, i did it b4 hand as a precaution

4. mattyboy199

mattyboy199 Well-Known Member

check the oil

5. nwhiteley

nwhiteley Member

it was changed about 2 weeks ago, and the level is just under max.

6. nwhiteley

nwhiteley Member

its been an odd day today, firstly in my desperation to find the cause of the current problem, i refitted the original DV, and problem cured. So all day i have been running this DV and not one problem. So i phoned the place that did the re-map, and he told me that the factory DV isnt good enough to cope with the added pressure from the extra re-map boost. On his advice i decided to trot along to Awesome GTI and buy an uprated Forge jobbie. This was duly fitted, let the engine warm up, and off i go. My first impression was that the car wasnt picking as well as before, but it did seem to run smoother, so i decided to have a think about whether to return the Forge unit to Awesome or give another go. This evening took the car for a blast up the M61, and i ran great and has done since. So, does the either the ECU have to learn about the new DV or does the Dv need a bedding in period before if works correctly?

7. fingermouse

fingermouse thats me

you can tune the dv`s with different spring / shim arrangements but I suspect a new dv will be a little slow and would get better after a bit of running due to all the parts bedding in

8. nwhiteley

nwhiteley Member

just had another long run this morning and all is well.