1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it worth the risk ?

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by con1.8t, Oct 14, 2009.

1. con1.8t

con1.8t New Member

hi this my first real post so here we go i've got a 99 1.8t with a cc phase 1 remap on a k03 but i think i might be able to get my hands on a k03s charger for the price of a drink :icon_thumright: and was thinking of putting on and getting a phase 2.......but my car has got 129k on the clock so its run in now lol its got a full vag history and the engine still sounds sweet with no smoke at all but i've got this nagging feeling that it might go pop if i do .on the other hand i know of a skoda Octavia tdi taxi that had a remap that ran to 495k until the 3rd gearbox gave up so 129k don't sound to high so should i just go for it or just make do with my puny 190 ish bhp ????

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. voorhees

voorhees Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Team Brill Red Black Edition

Its a decision that ultimately you can only make,anyone can say yes it will be fine but its just a prediction even if a mechanis looked at the engine they could not predict if it'll fail unless obvious problems.