Is it worth it?

dgannon69

Reaction score
As some may have seen, a TDI quatty sport has come onto audi network. i'm going to see it as soon as it comes into the dealer but...

It's 11950 and has done 41000miles

mine is booking at 8000 to them and has done the same millage. considering i still have about 10500 on the loan to pay off is it worth the change for a diesel? i'd really like the economy and also havin a quattro but can't seem to get the figures to make sense...

Ideas? opinions?

Dave

To be honest you would probably be better off waiting until your own car will at least clear the remaining loan you have on it, if you think about it its the only way it really makes sense.

Sure you'll save money on fuel but at the same time your also costing yourself a fortune changing now

That looks a bit pricey to me; the spec sounds fairly basic for a quattro. The ad doesn't mention climate control, but I think it was standard on quattro models so they might just have missed it off - would be worth checking before travelling a long way though!

It's only a sunroof over standard spec (from what I can tell) and has only got 16" alloys. I say all this because that's about what I paid for mine and I got 17" alloys, leather, xenons, cruise, armrest, Symphony in-dash CD changer and it has fewer miles. Ming Blue is a nice colour though - go and see it, you might love it :)

As for fuel savings, it depends on how much driving you do. Diesel only really makes you big savings when you do a lot of cruising and 20k miles a year (off the top of my head). I prefer the drive, with the low-down torque - much nicer for every day driving.

its got 18" RS4s according to the salesman, i did 23000miles last year and will do around the same this year, i live in the country and can't get above 34 to the gallon no matter how i drive cus of lots of hills and corners... plus the fact i really think i'd like a quattro!!

I'm waiting for a price to change from the dealer. i might consider buying it if they say £3k but we will see...

Thanks for the help.

Dave

mmm well diesel for the girl friend, but wouldn't go diesel for my own car!!

Your driving a fairly quick A3, so up grade to an S3 and do some remap work on that!