Is it time for some mods?

Iceash

Reaction score
Friend of mine at work has a stealo 1.6 fiat. We both go home the same way and coming off a third exit roundabout dual lane to single I had to thrash the nuts off to get past lol.

time for mods next year I feel. Exhaust then chip, or chip then exhaust?

Reactions: DieselJake
What you got? I have a 1.9 AHU ENGINE (90bhp) I have done a full muflerectomy, decat, egr blank and a pro race tunning chip. And she now goes like f**k!!! And still retains above 53mpg

With tht you should be all over him!! Is his a straight 1.6? Try a service, also your turbo vains maybe sticking.

Also as you are driving, can you feel the turbo kick in, or is it as if there is no turbo when you drive it?

map/chip biggest bang for buck, you'll see around 200 bhp max as the little k03 is banzai flat out. Free up ther breathing a bit with exhaust etc and you may net a little more .
The biggest problem is the fiat probably weighs 500 kg less or something

Christ, you make my car sound dead. Serviced couple of months ago. I had to go the longer way round, I came from behind also pasted within 50 to 100 meters.

map/chip biggest bang for buck, you'll see around 200 bhp max as the little k03 is banzai flat out. Free up ther breathing a bit with exhaust etc and you may net a little more .
The biggest problem is the fiat probably weighs 500 kg less or something

chip was what I was thinking I agree about the weight, I should be about 2 seconds quicker to 62, just don't know what that translate to with them getting on the gas and straighter line before me lol

Don't forget to do a boost leak test, and if you haven't already replaced them, then fresh vac hoses - mine where fairly nasty at 85k miles. Also ive heard it recommended to replace the diverter valve, that's next on my list before a remap.

Don't forget to do a boost leak test, and if you haven't already replaced them, then fresh vac hoses - mine where fairly nasty at 85k miles. Also ive heard it recommended to replace the diverter valve, that's next on my list before a remap.

so new vac hoses before remap. Silicon?

I used sytec cotton overbraid stuff, looks totally OEM but twice the wall thickness.

I think most places say you need a decent diverter valve to hold the higher boost pressure. 710N or forge. Aragon or you mappers will confirm.

Reactions: Iceash
In my experience the qts really isn't a very fast car. It's very much on a par with a mk4 golf gt tdi 130 but does half the mpg :(

I think the weight and additional transmission losses kill the QTS and although they gave it an extra 30bhp it only makes it barable. I drove an unchipped 1.8T A4 a while back and it was pathetic, couldn't pull the skin off a rice pudding, I got out accelerated by a friend in a Citroen C4 people carrier. Once you have ascertained the car is in good health and not leaking boost anywhere get it remapped/chipped, biggest bang for buck you'll see with an instant 30bhp hike (on FWD cars) on Quattro cars you'll probably see 20bhp tops but should have a bit more mid range punch

They go OK, but dont feel that quick. The book says somthing like 7.6s-7.8s 0-60 which is pretty respectable but not rapid by todays standards. What are remapped ones like? anyone like to hazard a guess at 0-60 after remap? or a 1/4mile before, after, and compared to an S4 (which should be a lot quicker, but is approx 100kg heavier). the increase in mid range will have a suprising effect on 0-60. My wifes 3 door GT TDi 130 isnt as quick, but is suprisingly close. And does more like 55mpg compared to my 31mpg.EDIT: for some reason this wont hold my formatting?

Not sure if it's the same for petrol but in my experience speed off the line isn't massively changed with a map it's more mid range say 30-100 that feels so gosh darn sexy.

Instead of mapping or exhaust get a hybrid unit off beachbuggy or if you want to get a kit then look into the F21, then save for the remap/exhaust, you could start by just doing the simple stuff like decat maybe do ICM delete, renew DV and vac lines etc the hybrid will give a good quick spool and make it feel like its had a bit of a kick up the backside lol

Turbo is something I'd do when it goes pop. Mapping sounds like a plan. Typical price?