Is it risky!

glenandem

Reaction score
hi guys the b6 tdi avant is still plodding on but bodywork is looking very tired and I've seen a really clean b7 s line with 220k 55 reg 2.0 tdi, I know audi's usually take the mileage fine but I'm concerned as it's an early b7 and the 2.0 tdi too, its just had clutch canbelt and flywheel and it's quite cheap.
If it drives well and seems ok is it worth a buy, just don't want that engine giving me issues with they're known faults!!
Is there anywhere I can check if its the notorious balance shaft engine too from reg no, don't have chassis as I not been to take a look yet
Any advice would be great!

why not spend a few quids on the B6 then , if it is mechanically sound it may well be a better option as buying a car with that milage could be problematic , at least with your current B6 you know where you are , i'd spend on the bodywork rather than buying an unknown car...

Reactions: Gazwould
Cheers guys yes my a4 is mechanically spot on as I've done all the work on it last 4 years, it's done 145k so no even run it yet lol, I had to replace the turbo on it last year and it flys as I remapped it too from the standard 130.
Its just the bodywork needs tidying and I think the b6 are looking very dated myself!

Could always swap the front end to a b7?

Reactions: tony mc
Hi guys here's the car in question!

Attachments

• IMG_7106.JPG
    IMG_7106.JPG
    189.6 KB · Views: 87
Liking the look of that b7! I'd stick with the b6 to save some cash and be on the safe side. My b7 front end conversion has cost more than enough time and money for me to recommend it to anyone else.

Go with your head and buy the one you really want, not just what you feel is a safer bet...

I helped my mates b6 -> b7 conversion, it's not all bad.

I actually prefer b6 avant rear to b7. Spend a few quid and change to a b7 s-line front.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk