1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it remapped?

andyherd Oct 24, 2010

1. andyherd

andyherd Member

Hi folks,

Recently got myself a '99 A3 20vT AGU. Being new to the 20vT game I'm unsure if mine has been remapped, the chap that owned the car before me reckoned it wasn't but how can I be sure?

2. reptor245

reptor245 Active Member

just off topic, im posting out your dump valve you got from me off ebay m8ty..lol.. didnt realise you was on this forum :)

3. reptor245

reptor245 Active Member

When you floor it, You should notice a nice boost around 3K revs. Standard 1.8T feels totaly flat through all revs.

4. s3dave

s3dave TFSI Hybrid Supporter

Have you got any mates with the same car to compare?
    Does it look to have any supporting mods?
    I think you would be able to tell with a boost guage maybe??

5. bengal

bengal Member

6. andyherd

andyherd Member

Cheers for keeping me updated on the DV

Haven't really driven it hard yet but will look out for 3k boost:icon_thumright:

I've been in a mapped 20vT Mk4 Golf and it seemed to pull much harder than mine but as mentioned above haven't hammered mine yet

With regards any supporting mods it's got a Baileys dump valve and nothing else. Can a higher amount of boost from the remap be detected through a VAGCOM check?

7. dannyh

dannyh Nogaro S3

8. bengal

bengal Member

Its just like your thread but without the racing lol.

9. dannyh

dannyh Nogaro S3

ha ha ha, i wouldn't like to brag about being a reckless boy racer, someone might have a go lol

10. bengal

bengal Member

Lol

11. andyherd

andyherd Member

Yeah thread was great apart from the bitchin' lol

12. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost! Staff Member Moderator Team Daytona quattro Audi S3 Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

Is the above a verse to a rap? I can see Eminem making use of it in his next single.

13. Welly

Welly VX220 SC Driver :)

:lmfao:

Anyone got Westwood's email address? We could put it to him, and he could 'drop da bomb'. Preferably on himself.

14. andyherd

andyherd Member

Gave it a hard run today and don't think mines has a map. I used to own a Corrado VR6 and I've been in a mapped Mk4, both of which I reckon would wipe the floor with my A3. I did notice my Audi dealer in Glasgow does MTM remaps though so maybe santa will be good to me :laugh: