Is it possible to lock the car and not arm the alarm ?

Bald man

Reaction score
I have a Audi B7 2.0 TDI and very occasionally i nip into the garge with the dog int the boot and want to leave him in the locked car whilst i buggar about in the garage, is there anyway to lock the car and not arm the alarm,

Thanks

I've got a special button for that between driver and rear passenger door

Thankyou very much, i had a button on the others cars that I have had but haven't seen it on the Audi, now I know, if it wasn't pitch black id go and have a look. I take it the button is on the pillar between the doors ?

Exactly, I've got it in my B5 so you should too if it's factory fitted alarm

On mine theres two buttons in the storage compartment of the drivers door card.

Just been out in the dark and no buttons on the door frame :( will have a look in the door pocket in the morning, there has to be a way its a factory fitted alarm !!!

If you have a handbook if will explain what to do.Easy to forget and I think better to leave mine off cos my dog is as good as any alarm if a stranger tries anything.Same with the house luckily the postie is still in one piece

Just been out in the dark and no buttons on the door frame :( will have a look in the door pocket in the morning, there has to be a way its a factory fitted alarm !!!

Two buttons in the driver's door pocket. One disables the motion detector, the other disables the anti-jacking sensor for when the car needs to be towed. As Mikeb says, it's all in the owner's manual.

Two buttons in the driver's door pocket. One disables the motion detector, the other disables the anti-jacking sensor for when the car needs to be towed. As Mikeb says, it's all in the owner's manual.

Thanks for that I'll have a look in the morning.

With reference to the owners manual, I am sure it is but this forum would be pretty boring and dead if no one asked questions, and whats more interacting with other Audi owners on a cold rainy night is actually quite nice.

For everyone that has taken the time answer thanks very much for your help I'll have a look in the morning

I THINK there's an easier way - lock the car using the key in the drivers door but don't turn the key all the way round to the deadlock position (which also sets the alarm).

Might be wrong - but it's worth a try...

I have the switches in the door pocket, thankyou, and it appears that when you switch the alarm system off using the switches they turn red indicating that they are indeed off