is it Possible to check for mileage with vcds

epox

Reaction score
hi team
as above.

and how to if poss on a 2003 s3.

thanks mark

It probably is but Im unsure how to do it.

A good way of checking if mileage is genuine is to fire the Reg and V5 document reference number into the DVLA mot site. It will then bring up every MOT the car has had and you can follow the mileages up. Obv if it suddenly drops its been clocked...

As far as i remember, the mileage is stored in your ecu, but im not sure if that is visible with vcds. Possibly ask down in the vcds section. :) x

carry out a full scan and it will be there for all to see, although, that is the mileage the ecu has done, it may of had a different ecu..... or even a mileage correction with Vag Tacho, ive fitted a few clusters and corrected the mileage (always to the old clusters readings) some people dont do it the same as me though

so your ECU stores a different mileage to your clock display ?

just want to check, no real reason.

mot.gov will only show mot mileage. could be clocked inbetween.

cheers mark

I've just got my car back from having a clutch fitted and now my mileage counter isn't gaining any miles, is there some in vagcom/ vcds that needs to be looked at or back to garage and get them to see if something isn't connected properly?

Sounds like a plug not plugged back in, but does the speedo work?
Ive just looked on my 8l tdi and milage is in the ch 17 under measuring blocks but i cant remember which one, it is obvious when you see it though, mine was in miles.