Is it possible to change the head unit from 1 din to 2 din?

aud1517

Reaction score
hi everyone. i got an A3 1.8T 8L 2001, i already changed the oem concert cassette player to 1 din Dvd player i would like to know is it possible to change it to 2 din Dvd player? can i move the A/c control down ?? will it fit perfectly ? because theres some A3 that come with 2 din oem cd player.

painel.jpg

You need a new cage behind the facia for double DIN, then also you will have to trim your heating controls down to fit the smaller gap. I have done it once, not too difficult.

will it fit perfectly at that space down ? about the new cage for the 2 din i can get it when i buy the new dvd player . just wondering will have the perfect fit.

will it fit perfectly at that space down ? about the new cage for the 2 din i can get it when i buy the new dvd player . just wondering will have the perfect fit.

Why dont you just get a flip out screen the Kenwood are excellent very firm no movement. It will save buchering your aircon unit controlls

pretty sure the 8L is thh same as most Audi's where you can buy a 2 din conversion cage from Audi, although not sure how you remount the AC unit in the A3's, the 2001+ A4's are pretty easy (just trim the edges as marked on the back of the unit).