IS IT POSSIBLE FOR THIS TO ALL HAPPEN ?

Chris Coates

Reaction score
Hi all i was wondering if this is all possible " can i run a reverse camera & Ami " of my rnse latest version with media button, installed in an A3 2010 TDI.

* Audi Ami
* After market Reverse camera, running into a rca module box.

also when i had the camera in the car hooked up i would have to press the media button on the RNSE and select the output it was on, can it be made work from just selecting reverse gear?

Thanks for all your help in advance:)

please check out my updated mods also:)

To get the camera working properly you ideally want an Audi camera that is canbus based so that it picks up the reverse gear as its coded to the car
otherwise there is a lengthy work around to getting the camera to be detected when you select reverse
there is a thread kicking about somewhere from another forum where the guy did the same install on an a4 and he explains how he got the camera to work when he selects reverse

Zak... stay away from that camera!
have a look at this and you will understand why: Ash.Net: Stereo Upgrade and Reversing Camera

The reverse camera works when i put the car into reverse... this is because i have the connects 2 cables that ties into the reverse signal wires so it knows when to switch to the camera. i can also activate the camera from the screen if and when i want to.

I use the Kufatec modules for my RVC installs. They have a wire that connects to C6 of the RNS-E, which is the Reverse Signal wire and boots up the module activating the camera connected to the RCA ports on the module.

Zak... stay away from that camera!
have a look at this and you will understand why: Ash.Net: Stereo Upgrade and Reversing Camera

The reverse camera works when i put the car into reverse... this is because i have the connects 2 cables that ties into the reverse signal wires so it knows when to switch to the camera. i can also activate the camera from the screen if and when i want to.

Thanks for the heads up mate! Do you have a link to the second camera that you bought? Also do you have a link to the connects 2 cables lead? Appradio has the option on the screen but would be nice if the camera came on when selecting reverse.

I got this one: CCD Car Rear View Reverse Parking Backup Camera for Toyota Camry & Prius | eBay

Its a purpose built camera with no extra bits which is perfect for what i needed, i then trimmed the edges down to get it to fit snug in the A6 camera holder and glued it into place.

I normally get the complete fitting kit that comes with the connects 2 wiring kit but you can just ask the seller to give you that wiring kit alone if thats all you need: Audi A3 (2006-2009) Double Din Car CD Stereo Fitting Kit Fascia Steering Control | eBay

as long as you wire it up properly with the purple and white wire then you will get the reverse signal from the gearbox

Hey question really is qill the ami and reverse camera work together? with the module i have,
the module allows me to plug the rev camera rca into the module, and then to the rnse, how then would i hook up
a AMI unit? do i need to change pins?

Not sure about that setup you are asking about... cannot advise without physically inspecting it... if however you used the Audi A6 Camera then it would work as it is all tied in via canbus.

I got this one: CCD Car Rear View Reverse Parking Backup Camera for Toyota Camry & Prius | eBay

Its a purpose built camera with no extra bits which is perfect for what i needed, i then trimmed the edges down to get it to fit snug in the A6 camera holder and glued it into place.

I normally get the complete fitting kit that comes with the connects 2 wiring kit but you can just ask the seller to give you that wiring kit alone if thats all you need: Audi A3 (2006-2009) Double Din Car CD Stereo Fitting Kit Fascia Steering Control | eBay

as long as you wire it up properly with the purple and white wire then you will get the reverse signal from the gearbox

Awesome thanks bud! Why did you put the camera into the A6 camera holder and not just use the new one? Taken a look through your blog a couple of times and just thought I'd ask.

The camera is designed for the Toyota Prius which apparently has a small square cutout in its boot hatch, as we dont have that i needed to mount it somewhere... plus i wanted it to look and sit flush and not be knicked... the A6 camera holder fits perfectly in the A3 tailgate and looks the part... since i have fitted it no ones knows its there until i show them and you can only see it if i open the tailgate and lift it up into view.
its discreet and OEM... just what i wanted :)

Ash have you got any pics of it fitted at all!? I'd love a setup like the new S6, with the wingmirror cameras and parking lines.

The camera is designed for the Toyota Prius which apparently has a small square cutout in its boot hatch, as we dont have that i needed to mount it somewhere... plus i wanted it to look and sit flush and not be knicked... the A6 camera holder fits perfectly in the A3 tailgate and looks the part... since i have fitted it no ones knows its there until i show them and you can only see it if i open the tailgate and lift it up into view.
its discreet and OEM... just what i wanted :)

Like it! Did you get the A6 holder from Audi directly? Finally bitten the bullet and am trying to get my radio reception sorted..

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/car-entertainment/172699-poor-radio-signal-appradio2.html

I know we've tallked about this before but I can't find the link to our previous thread! Looking forward to getting this camera in!