Is it possible for a non audi headunit to be linked to the DIS

audibhoy11

Reaction score
Have a pioneer AVIC unit and just wondering if it or any aftermarket non audi unit be connected to the dis ?

Have a pioneer AVIC unit and just wondering if it or any aftermarket non audi unit be connected to the dis ?

Yes it can but you need to buy the canbus converter which is around £70 so most people don't bother.

I wouldn't mind paying that to be honest , would you know exactly what i need to do this ?

It was something like this https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161666580064

I had one saved in my watched list but must of deleted it.

I would ask them and see if they know if it works but read on vwvortex that people were using similar to speak to the dis

That adaptor is only a canbus converter to generate lights, speed pulse etc. It does not allow the radio to talk to the DIS. Unless I'm reading it wrong. I've used similar many times when fitting non Audi HU's into cars.

So is it possible for the head unit to display stations gps data on the dis ?

Not unless the radio supports it. I bought a 3rd party unit that did put the radio on the DIS but it's audio integration was terrible with loud clicks and pops on every button press. Had to send it back for a refund.

The three things you want are can bus MFSW steering wheel integration, signals such as ignition, lights speed and then DIS integration.

Not unless the radio supports it. I bought a 3rd party unit that did put the radio on the DIS but it's audio integration was terrible with loud clicks and pops on every button press. Had to send it back for a refund.

The three things you want are can bus MFSW steering wheel integration, signals such as ignition, lights speed and then DIS integration.

Hello S8Craig

Apologies to highjack this thread a little bit, but I've been reading elsewhere on this forum, that you know your onions in terms of Audi electronics and retrofitting / upgrading MMI systems etc?

I would have PM'd you, but the forum doesn't seem to have the feature, and the website that is linked to your profile is dead. How does one get hold of you?

Regards

Richard

Hello S8Craig

Apologies to highjack this thread a little bit, but I've been reading elsewhere on this forum, that you know your onions in terms of Audi electronics and retrofitting / upgrading MMI systems etc?

I would have PM'd you, but the forum doesn't seem to have the feature, and the website that is linked to your profile is dead. How does one get hold of you?

Regards

Richard

Problem sorted - in the end I bought a Kufatec Bluetooth module for my A6, which was largely plug and play sitting behind the glovebox mounted CD multi-changer. It did require a code to be changed in VCDS to activate the functionality of the device, and small teething problem getting the music streaming activated, but Kufatec's support was good and swift.