1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it possibe to retro fit Auto Wipers and Auto Lights

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by StuOwen86, Feb 21, 2009.

1. StuOwen86

StuOwen86 New Member

Im looking at buying an S3 that has the MAIN options i want but i also to be a pain i wanted the Auto Wipers, Rain sensors and the Folding Mirror's was wondering if they can be retro fitted to a car that doesnt have them from factory, i.e just fit them and plug them in and activate them via Vagcom or somthin. I know i can have the cruise control fitted which is about £280 roughly and the Parking sensors but not sure on price for these not a big deal was just wondering if it can be done.

Thanks for any info,

Stu
  2. jmohide

jmohide Member

I know it is possible to retro fit electric folding mirrors but I think it is quite fiddly/expensive if you pay for someone else to do it. Have a look at these guys as they fit most stuff and are suppose to be good http://vwcruise.com/
  3. Issac Hunt

Issac Hunt Active Member

POssible but its not plug and play, you'll need to attend to a little wiring as well.
  4. N8

N8 Kowalski Details

Stu contact 'NHN' he is the retro-fit king.
  5. mac1403

mac1403 Member

The mirrors can be retro fitted, but they are expensive. I had mine done as they were spec'd but not fitted. Price is between £6-700 dependent on which dealer you use.
  6. boggym

boggym Member

It's possible to retro fit all that you want but it's not cheap. I retro fitted the auto dimming rear view mirror, auto lights, auto wipers and coming home/leaving home lights which is all part of the same package. I'm just about to retro fit the auto dimming door mirrors. As for the electric mirrors I'm sure it's possible but I've not done it myself. Cruise can be retro fitted for about £50. All the of these need Vagcom to complete the install. Have a look here for a bit more info

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=66242

Chris