1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it me, or is this site really slooooooooooooow?

FTO Jun 10, 2004

  1. FTO

    FTO New Member

    8
    0
    1
    Even on a broadband connection I have problems accessing these forums, and when I can get access, it runs really slowly.

    Am I the only one with this problem?
     
  2. jojo

    jojo Looking for Boost! Staff Member Moderator Team Daytona quattro Audi S3 Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

    28,765
    3,432
    113
    Somethings up with the server again perhaps?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
     
  3. scoTTy

    scoTTy Active Member

    1,962
    11
    38
    Yep - it's really really slow.
     
  4. Banwell

    Banwell previously LeeS3

    393
    0
    16
    Yep, its really slow, and flakey..
     
  5. ImolaS4

    ImolaS4 Member

    275
    0
    16
    Atleast we're not back to, "You don't have permission..." again. Jeesh, that was frustrating.
     
  6. recomdos

    recomdos Member

    999
    4
    18
    [ QUOTE ]
    ImolaS4 said:
    Atleast we're not back to, "You don't have permission..." again. Jeesh, that was frustrating.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    true - it's probly just a few technical glitches, as it's so popula! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
     
  7. rickparmar

    rickparmar va va voom

    2,272
    3
    38
    very very slow
     
  8. jetspeed

    jetspeed New Member

    27
    0
    1
    really really rediculously slow..........
     
  9. porker968

    porker968 Member

    211
    0
    16
    Seems to running fine now. The speed is directly related to the bandwidth as the site tends to s l o w down later in the day as more and more people check the site out.
     
  10. Markb

    Markb Active Member

    2,139
    2
    36
    Seems OK now, but at some stages it's awful!!
     
  11. Grant

    Grant Well-Known Member VCDS Map User Audi RS3

    1,206
    118
    63
    [ QUOTE ]
    FTO said:
    Even on a broadband connection I have problems accessing these forums, and when I can get access, it runs really slowly.

    Am I the only one with this problem?

    [/ QUOTE ]
    Yeah, earlier on in the week the site was as slow as a Mitsubishi FTO! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
     
  12. recomdos

    recomdos Member

    999
    4
    18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Imola S3 said:
    Yeah, earlier on in the week the site was as slow as a Mitsubishi FTO! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

    [/ QUOTE ]

    hehehehehehe - man, if it was going that slow I'd be happy! Yeah it might just be all the users getting on the site at the same time, I think I find it quick first thing in the morning, or maybe that's because I'm the first on the net here, using all our connection up (whohahahahahaha).

    There are other good sites like this out there aswell! www.planet-audi.net that's almost identical to this site /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif give it a go, I see (dead people - lol /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif) familiar faces on there from here!
     
  13. Markb

    Markb Active Member

    2,139
    2
    36
    It's even slow on our 2MB leased line at work /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif
     
  14. Banwell

    Banwell previously LeeS3

    393
    0
    16
    Gallery's down too
     
  15. FTO

    FTO New Member

    8
    0
    1
    [ QUOTE ]
    Imola S3 said:
    [ QUOTE ]
    FTO said:
    Even on a broadband connection I have problems accessing these forums, and when I can get access, it runs really slowly.

    Am I the only one with this problem?

    [/ QUOTE ]
    Yeah, earlier on in the week the site was as slow as a Mitsubishi FTO! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

    [/ QUOTE ]

    /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif but unfortunately the site doesn't look anywhere near as good /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

    Seriously though, i've driven a 210 S3 and there isn't any real performance difference in the dry between the two. I also think the FTO looks better..... that said, I am looking for an S3, but first mod has to be a chip /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif
     
  16. ImolaS4

    ImolaS4 Member

    275
    0
    16
    [ QUOTE ]
    Andy said:
    Seems to running fine now. The speed is directly related to the bandwidth as the site tends to s l o w down later in the day as more and more people check the site out.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    YEAH???
    So how about increasing bandwidth?
    Get some more commercial sponsors and get the bandwidth up, please.
    Right now, we're all like this:
    /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif
    With more bandwidth we'll be like this:
    /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/love_4.gif
    /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif
     
  17. Ess_Three

    Ess_Three Active Member

    5,383
    12
    38
    [ QUOTE ]
    FTO said:

    /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif but unfortunately the site doesn't look anywhere near as good /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif


    [/ QUOTE ]

    /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif
    I'm pleased you're here...that's the funniest thing i've heard in a while...
    We need funny men like you!


    [ QUOTE ]

    Seriously though, i've driven a 210 S3 and there isn't any real performance difference in the dry between the two. I also think the FTO looks better..... that said, I am looking for an S3, but first mod has to be a chip /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Odd...you must have driven a few broken S3s...
    I have a mate with an FTO and it's lacking the legs of an S3...especially out of the corners.
     
  18. FTO

    FTO New Member

    8
    0
    1
    [ QUOTE ]
    Ess_Three said:
    [ QUOTE ]
    FTO said:

    /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif but unfortunately the site doesn't look anywhere near as good /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif


    [/ QUOTE ]

    /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif
    I'm pleased you're here...that's the funniest thing i've heard in a while...
    We need funny men like you!


    [ QUOTE ]

    Odd...you must have driven a few broken S3s...
    I have a mate with an FTO and it's lacking the legs of an S3...especially out of the corners.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Maybe, but from my experience there really wasn't much in it. The FTO is faster with a manual 'box rather than tiptronic, so maybe that was a factor.

    Looks are definitely subjective - the S3 is classier, but i'd say the FTO definitely turns more heads
    [​IMG]

    p.s. Does anyone knows of a nice silver facelift S3 for sale?
     
  19. Banwell

    Banwell previously LeeS3

    393
    0
    16
    Ahem, welcome to the audi club, but here we aren't that too concerned about turning heads... Generally most people are drawn to audi as it subtley combines performance in an every day livable package... Having said that my audi is yellow!?!
     
  20. excursion

    excursion Member

    740
    0
    16
  21. FTO

    FTO New Member

    8
    0
    1
    [ QUOTE ]
    Lees3 said:
    Ahem, welcome to the audi club, but here we aren't that too concerned about turning heads... Generally most people are drawn to audi as it subtley combines performance in an every day livable package... Having said that my audi is yellow!?!

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Agreed, that's really what has attracted me to the S3 - classy, yet understated looks with excellent refinement - the FTO is just way too loud for my liking these days.
     
  22. RAPS3

    RAPS3 Well-Known Member

    1,143
    135
    63
    and if you get a FTO you'll feel obliged to fit a ludicrous bodykit and read Max Power.

    Now thats just wrong /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
     

Share This Page